GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI in Africa

themex

My opinion.

TWI began the Zaire outreach for at least two reasons:

• TWI saw the success of other hyper-authoritarian sects there such as the JWs, & wanted to cash in
  • Dr. Peter Beter, one of veepee's right wing extremist info sources, was co-founder of SODEMMIR, a mineral exploration company in Zaire. Also, Dr. Beter founded the Beter Capital Group, Ltd., which offered "innovative financial solutions" to its multinational clients. Is this a euphemism for money laundering?

• 4 years later...

Some of us Way Corpse used to "remind" ourselves how MANY believers there were on other Continents, such as Africa. Mind you, we did this when we had no proof how many there actually were / are. Then there were the reminders coming at us from dictator wannabees, like John Rupp, that we haven't had to dodge bullets to get to our Staff jobs but in Africa they have. We have it so much better.

While there is no doubt in my mind that life is easy in America compared to other places, I find it offensive that these scenarios are used to justify ongoing wrongs against people employed by the way international.

A couple years ago, I was told that international work represented 80-90% of the ministry work, most of this being in Africa, and most of that in Congo. In this case it was brought up as reason why TWI was dragging it's feet on common sense (in the U.S anyway) tech upgrades. "We don't want to rush into CD's and DVD's; the Africans are still using cassette and VHS. We need to take into consideration the needs of the *whole* ministry."

The last time I talked to some Africans they were desperate for some help - still doing "branches" of hundreds of fellowships and fellowships of 50+ people. No internationals are allowed in the Corps, supposedly because of the war on terror. Personally I think it is because the Way Corps no longer even has the pretense of being an educational institution. Point is, they can't get student visas if they aren't real students! Also, they wanted an outreach program in Africa, but all they had available was Way Disciple. You have to have had the "new" advanced class to be eligible. This disqualified almost everyone there. It was a once in a lifetime trip to come to the "old" Advanced Class. Sorry that one doesn't count anymore. Oh well, I guess there's nothing we can do, eh Jean-Yves? Dumbass. Way to take into consideration the needs of the whole ministry.

Some of us Way Corpse used to "remind" ourselves how MANY believers there were on other Continents, such as Africa. Mind you, we did this when we had no proof how many there actually were / are. Then there were the reminders coming at us from dictator wannabees, like John Rupp, that we haven't had to dodge bullets to get to our Staff jobs but in Africa they have. We have it so much better.

While there is no doubt in my mind that life is easy in America compared to other places, I find it offensive that these scenarios are used to justify ongoing wrongs against people employed by the way international.

TWI saw the success of other hyper-authoritarian sects there such as the JWs, & wanted to cash in

Dead on.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search on "Bayunga" (Looking for Rev Bayunga Nioka-Simbi who was such a treasure to my life) I remembered that he had been put in jail by Martinxxxe and later released. That information came up here in 2006. I had been friends with Jacqux Dinavx but that did not last after I was kicked out of twi. The folk I met from Zaire (which is new name now) are a treasure of my life. They have a faith that is uncluttered. Their families are strong which allows their faith to grow fully. I will always be thankful for having met these people while in twi.

Search results here http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/topic/6612-zaire/page__p__212128__hl__bayunga__fromsearch__1entry212128

You can search yourself for many things. There is a treasure of information in these forums from people who have truly been there and done that.

Kit