GreaseSpot Cafe

Waybrain and Mental Inertia

skyrider

For years, I stayed in twi against my better judgement. Red flags were flying........and I stayed in my "comfort zone" of mental inertia. It "seemed" easier to stay in twi than CONFRONT ALL OPPOSING FORCES.

Webster defines inertia....1) physics, the tendency of matter to remain at rest, if at rest or, if moving, to keep moving in the same direction unless affected by some outside force.....2) a tendency to remain in a fixed position without change; disinclination to move or act.

In hindsight, every twi class was an indoctrination into an embryonic wayworld. New concepts, edgy ideals, elitism, spiritual entitlements, the true household, ..........and inertia was running its course. Advanced classes, Specials, way corps training......and I found myself in a fixed position without change.

* Isolation.....from family, friends, co-workers, college peers, neighbors, etc.

* Indoctrination......every class, every book, every fellowship, every teaching tape, etc.

* Biblical Research, Teaching and Fellowship.......altruistic base, yet egotistical and deceptive.

* No friends when it comes to The Word.......no friends, if I challenge and/or reject doctrine.

* Years go by......further distancing myself from my family, my roots, my career goals, etc.

* Independency suppressed.....and co-dependency on twi is fed daily.

* All mainstream churches are run by seed men.......places are spiritual whoredom.

* Intimidation escalates under lcm regime.......manipulation runs rampant.

* Waybrain channels all thinking to reject "evil world".......short circuits logical thinking.

* Salt of the earth ....when I obey. Scum of the earth.....if I disobey.

* The man with the microphone IS RULING HIS MOGDOM.

* One small "campfire of thinking" can engulf an entire forest, especially deadwood. And, so it was with my "little campfire" on LCM-DOCTRINE. Month after month, I stoked this little fire of thinking.....knowing that martindale was teaching and violating truths. Also, I knew aspects of the Cgeer camp and saw their own little controlled community of mogdom.

This "little campfire of thinking" kept warming me from the frigid winter in wayworld. I diligently kept gathering sources to feed my fire and my soul was toasted from head-to-toe. Oh, it was so nice to find this warmth, this solitude, this strength. And, my mental inertia was gaining resolve with a GOD AND ME....MAKE A MAJORITY attitude. I loved it. I felt empowered.

Waybrain.......mental inertia........thought reform........brainwashing, whatever you want to call it, the chains of twi's mental bondage were broken.

Eight years ago......I was free, again.

:)

Edited by skyrider

Thanks, rascal. :)

Yeah.......I kept moving in the same direction BECAUSE.....I obeyed twi leadership and REFUSED TO ALLOW ANY OUTSIDE FORCE TO OPPOSE MY PUSHED-INERTIA.

I wasn't a quitter.......I was a COMPETITOR.

Once in the corps......I wanted to graduate, despite some misguided corps concepts.

I gave it my "all".......guess I have no "middle gear." :P

Distractions were a part of the challenge.....and I refused to acknowledge them.

Why stop???.............when victory seemed so close at hand???

Yup............just keep moving, and you'll see what lies beyond the bend.

IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Twi has no intentions of changing direction.......even now, the financial inertia will keep the steam engine chugging along and pulling a train of followers.

The train will follow the veepee tracks......no derailing this train of waybrain thinking.

ONLY TWO CHOICES REMAIN: 1) stay on the train, or 2) get off.

I jumped and rolled to freedom.

:biglaugh:

Great post with good insights,Skyrider.

While the artificial fuzziness of the inertia of the comfort zone was certainly a factor in why so many of us stayed in TWI as long as we did, I think the TWI-induced exit phobia was an even greater factor. There is a psychological interplay between our natural inertial & exit phobia.

Exit phobia exists on a spectrum or continuum. On one end, the factor for us might have been that we were apprehensive that we would loose a relationship with family members or friends whom we loved very much that remained in TWI.

Perhaps a midrange concern would be that we would be viewed as a quitter and therefore scum in the tainted eyes of TWI.

At the extreme end of the exit phobia, TWI-promoted concepts such as family members or ourselves becoming very ill & even dying, serious accidents, financial collapse, possession, & many other outlandish claims designed by TWI to induce fear-based exit phobia.

Like Groucho said in another thread today, TWI is a bait & switch scam. We were baited on the recruitment side with the supposed love & grace of God, only to have TWI, by deceitful design, switch the arrangement to member control via rigid legalism and fear.

Then throw in the continual thought reform via covert packaged persuasion, along with the lousy mixture of manipulated inertia, exit phobia, and many other aspects, & we end up with years or decades of TWI's oppressive mental captivity.

The chapter of the blue book should not have been entitled, Relase from Your Prisons, but rather, Building a Glazed ....brick Prison for Duped Douloses.

Exit phobia exists on a spectrum or continuum. On one end, the factor for us might have been that we were apprehensive that we would loose a relationship with family members or friends whom we loved very much that remained in TWI.

Perhaps a midrange concern would be that we would be viewed as a quitter and therefore scum in the tainted eyes of TWI.

At the extreme end of the exit phobia, TWI-promoted concepts such as family members or ourselves becoming very ill & even dying, serious accidents, financial collapse, possession, & many other outlandish claims designed by TWI to induce fear-based exit phobia.

jkboehme,

I agree with this exit-phobia continuum. For me, it all resided on the low-end......factoring into my decisions and all. To me, my God would not abandon me and allow the devil to rough-shod his way thru my life. Just couldn't buy into that devil-will-kill-you manipulation.

I just didn't believe that for one-new-york-minute.

Probably, more than anything........my youth and competitiveness were MAJOR PLAYERS in why I continued to stay with twi despite the red flags. And, while on the field........I did continue to see prayers answered and three or four miracles. Yes, instantaneous healings.

Of course, all of this was IN SPITE OF twi's manipulation and shenanigans.

BUT.......as years roll by.......and I gain more access to information, and cover-ups........I KNEW, FOR ME, IT WAS TIME TO EXIT TWI. No more trying to "build a fortress with rotten lumber." No more faxing reports to twi leadership in "this paper blizzard of reporting back." No more trying to salvage "a ministry with lusting lords in leadership."

I was empowered to WALK AWAY FROM TWI.......and never look back. And, the loss of "friends".........yeah, right. Co-workers, maybe. Comaraderie and all........but NOT friends.

And, eight years later........I vividly see twi's continual spiral DOWNWARD.

:)

I experienced all of this. I was first paranoid about getting possessed and having horrible things happen to me and to my "earthly" family because of my "disobedience" to TWI. I was worried about getting some awful disease or in a debilitating car crash, etc. I was in constant fear as I started doubting TWI and recognizing its effect on my mental, emotional and physical health.

Then, because I really had a hard time with people not liking me, I was hesitant to leave or make waves for fear of the labels and ugliness that I knew would follow along with everyone talking about me behind my back, as TWIts (especially leadership) are wont to do.

Finally, I realized that the five years I had spent trying to stay in TWI to salvage my marriage and to try to get my ex to see TWI for the evil that it is, was moot. If he would leave me because I left TWI, then it really wasn't a loving, strong marriage to begin with. A husband who would choose a group of people over his wife couldn't have really married for love - for better or worse - under every situation and in every condition... and so I shouldn't continue making myself sick and miserable trying to salvage something that wasn't there to begin with.

Once I got past all those hurdles - which was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life - I was able to leave it all behind and start all over. I am so much more peaceful, happier, healthier and I truly believe that a bad day outside the oppression of TWI is much better than a good day in the midst of all that ever was.