GreaseSpot Cafe

Live Chat

pawtucket

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy :wave:

Yes, we were wondering - - so suck it up like and ex-wayfer and come back in! LOL

Just kidding.

Hey, I prefer the other chat too, but we users have 90% figured out how to make it work, so if you come back for a quick visit, we'll tell you how to turn off all the stuff that's aggravating, turn the background to bland and still be able to read the chat text.

Or, you could come in to FlashChat and say you're going back to live chat and those of us who only gripe bout it behind Paw's back, will cover over and chat with you.

Simple. :thinking:

J.

yeah Andy, come on down. Bells and whistles? there are no bells except for George Jetson coming into the room. Actually, all the sounds can be easily turned off if that is your preference.

Ok, none of the other settings I talked of earlier work for me to keep from developing lag. It seems that after about 3 pages of the room, it gets to where I can type with my nose faster than the screen can keep up with me.

Two things that seem to work. The most functional is to log out of chat and come back. time consuming but works for me. The other thing I am playing with, and it seems to do well if I remember it in time. If you type

/clear

it will clear your screen of all the past dialogue and this seems to help my lag considerably. I have to do this before I get a message that says:

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script? (Yes) (No)"

I can click yes or no, doesn't matter, pretty soon after that I am frozen in the room. Hopefully I am the only one with this problem, and it could be time to switch over to my faster computer.

whatever the script is in that movie, (must be one from that trivia game down there in the forums?) its scary, trying to abort my puter or something. dang leeburals are everywhere these days.

~HAP