GreaseSpot Cafe

Recipe Help

Belle

I'm looking for a recipe for a Cucumber-Wasabi Sauce to serve with seared tuna. I find it on all kinds of restaurant menus on Google, but no flipping recipe. It's smooth creamy-like and not chunky like the one Ginger-Cucumber-Wasabi dip that I found.

Anyone know how to make this yummy stuff?

Thank you!!

Belle im not sure if this is what you are looking for, is a dressing the same as a sauce in america

sorry for my ignorance but i know we have different meanings lol

Cucumber Wasabi Dressing:

1 medium cucumber

2 teaspoons Wasabi paste (in ethnic foods section or an Asian market)

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon sugar

1-teaspoon ground white pepper

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest

or

Seared Tuna with Fresh Wasabi Sauce

Servings: 4

Serving size: 6 oz.

Preparation time: 20 minutes.

4 6 oz. Pieces of fresh Tuna

3 Tbs. Peanut oil

1-1/2 tsp. Oriental (dark) Sesame oil

1 Tbs. Dry Sherry

1-1/2 tsp. Minced fresh ginger

1/2 cup Radish sprouts

2 Green onions, thinly sliced

1/3 cup Soy Sauce low sodium

6 Tbs. Fresh ground Wasabi

1 large cucumber, seeded, peeled and julienned

Whisk soy sauce, 2 Tbs. Peanut oil, sherry, sesame oil and ginger. Stir in green onion. Set aside.

Sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. Peanut oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add tuna and sear until opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.

Spoon cucumber onto center of plates. Top with tuna. Add the ground fresh wasabi to the sauce and spoon sauce around. Garnish with radish sprouts.

hope this helps

:wave:

Thank you so much!

LG, I never did learn how to eliminate words in my searches. Thank you!! I also looked and that second link looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for. The sauce I had definitely had the cucumber mixed into the sauce, kind of like tzatziki (sp?) sauce.

Mary Poppins, thank you and that does look delicious!! I am very active with the Border Terrier community and every year we have a Border Terrier "Specialty" where all the border owners in America get together for all kinds of events and competitions from conformation to earthdog, rally, flyball, obedience and agility.

Since Border Terriers are from Scotland and the UK, we have a lot of people from their on our online community, so we always have "virtual" picnics while waiting for results and pictures from the Specialty. Everyone tells what they are going to bring and give the recipe for it. I've gotten some great recipes from our ladies across the water! The fun part is trying to figure out what some of the items are and how to translate some of the measurements - especially from the Aussies. LOL!

Thank you for taking the time to post that recipe.

Belle,,,,here is a salad recipe ya might like,

Its called Taboli....a Lebanese Salad made with Bulgar Wheat

1 !/2cuptaboli wheat (often called bulgar wheat)..found in Oriental food stores

2bunches of green onions chopped...not too finely

1 large green bell pepper, chopped fine

3 large cucumbers chopped fine....peel if'n tha skin is tough

3 or4 large tomatoes,,chopped but not mushy,,,,Roma's are the best

1 bunch of parsley chopped,,,or at least a 1/2 cup of dry parsley

2 tsp of regular salt

1tsp of black pepper

1/2 tsp of garlic powder

1 cup of virgine olive oil....sometimes Mazola Oil works better depending on the freshness of the wheat

1 cp of real lemon juice,,,I often squeeze my own.

Measure the wheat and cover it with water to soak while you chop the vegetables. It should soak all the water and soften while you are chopping the vegetables,,,should make about a 1/2 gallon. After soaking until the wheat has absorbed water Mix in a large container all ingredients. Marinate at least 4 hours stirring occassionally. Cover and refrigerate. It will keep 3 or 4 days in the frige and make a great salad with seafood or any type of meat.

Its a colorful salad wif texture and I have never found a kido to turn it down!

Littlehawk, I'm printing that out to eat when I get back home. I have a feeling something that light and healthy is gonna be a necessity after being around all that southern cooking this week! :P It sure does sound not only yummy and healthy, but purty looking, too!

Never heard of icicle white radishes, but I'm gonna look for 'em! Never heard of soaking the cucumbers like that, either, but it does seem like it would definitely help the flavor! Thank you!!