GreaseSpot Cafe

The Test of Time

Raf

No, I certainly don't. {The Lord Of The Rings} (Haven't even seen it)! The books were good enough for me. Their always better than the movies anyway.

Depends on what you like I guess. I like Chariots of Fire. Gandhi is classic.

Ben Kinsley is awesome. E.T. ( 30 yrs. ago, maybe) , Shakespeare, Brokeback, doesn't really do anything for me.

The movies that are coming out of Hollywood these days ((last decades) can't even compete with the movies they made 30 or 40 years ago. That's why, all that Hollywood can come up with these days is the Remake! They can't come up with anything original of their own.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw "War Horse" and thought it a classic for sure. Steven Spielberg, in my opinion, put the same heart he put into "Shindler's List" into "War Horse." The true-hearted hero of this movie, the War Horse, shows the strength and courage for enduring the rigors of war -- going to battle with hope and vision of victory, finding a war bride, enduring death of loved ones, becoming a prisoner of war, losing his true love, and yet fighting on with all his heart and soul and mind and strength and ending defeated. The apparent "victories" of the enemy, however, become insignificant in the overall scope of things because God is there and with Him is always true and enduring victory.I think Steven Spielberg should be proud of this creation, even if it did not win an oscar.

Edited by Kit Sober

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'll check it out when it gets to video, but I think it's too early for something just out of the gate to stand the test. What would be the point Kit of something being put right to the top of a list and it hadn't paid its dues.

Hey should Avatar be on the list? Maybe. But not for a few years in my opinion.

• 6 months later...

Goodfellas equally on par with The Godfather. Something about that movie that takes you back to that time where myth met Mafia. Before Goodfellas, the Mafia only seemed mythical. Goodfellas put it into place. The true lifestyle of the mafia (in the 70's) was purveyed.

A Grandiose cast of characters.