GreaseSpot Cafe

christmas gifts

coolchef1248 @adelphia.net

I am visiting my dad and step-mom in Tucson and had a bittersweet Christmas- sad because it is the first Christmas without my husband but nice because I am with family. Friends theirs came over and with my step-moms mom there were 6 of us for prime rib dinner.

I also recieved a call or two from friends- to wish me a Merry Christmas and ask how I was doing and that was nice.

The best present I received was from my dad- it was my idea since I could use a tune-up and I am not materially minded lately- before I head back to cold and gray New York I will spend a few hours at a spa with my step mom. Dad even gave us tip money today. YAY!

I am sorry for anyone who had sadness on Christmas- I think I know how you feel, I had some of that too.

Edited by Hopefull

The best gift given in our family this year was from my 14 yr old daughter..... A little back ground first......She took charge of an abused pony many years ago and spent years helping it to recover from the trauma sufffered.

The pony had been deemed hopeless....but years of love lavished and gentle treatment has had it`s effect.

Abby loved this pony like a child ..... anyway, Christmas morning she asked me for the prettiest bow from one of my presents.....an hour later she informs her 9 yr old little brother that there was one more gift out in the yard .......

Aaron went out mystified to find .......... that beautifull little black pony with a giant bow in it`s mane. That little guy went into ORBIT! :)

All of these years of watching Mom and big sis train horses and now he has his own to love.

I was so proud of my daughter, not because she was so kind to a brother that drives her nuts....but she gave him something so very precious to herself.

Awwwww, Rascal! :wub: Having met your kids I'm not surprised at Abby's generosity, but I can only imagine how absolutely tickled to pieces Aaron was! I can just see him jumping around grinning from ear to ear. How absolutely cool!! You really do have a truly awesome family. :)

Hopefull, I"m so glad that you were with family. Those first years are the roughest. Enjoy your spa day and all the pampering they do there. That's a really neat gift that will give you memories for years to come.

Linda, so glad your mom is doing better. That's a real blessing, I'm sure.

Raf, every single year growing up Santa always put an onion and a potato in our stockings to remind us that we weren't THAT good all year long. Needless to say, my little brother and I very seldom even tried to get to the bottom of the stocking since we already knew what was there. :unsure: