GreaseSpot Cafe

Here kitty, kitty...

Ron G.

Ron,

I wonder which would win in a to-the-death match.. a kitty this size??? Or a medium grizzley bear? Oh, I don't know why that question would pop into my head... but gots to admit that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic. How lethal is a cat like that? Funny, you almost never hear of them killing people like grizzley bears sometimes do.

sudo

Mountain Lions are beautiful cats. However, they are very dangerious.

I have heard of mountain lions attacking people near/on hiking/bike trails on MT Lemmon (near Tucson). This usually happens when there normal food supply is running short and/or do to encroachment into there hunting territory by developers (who think that Arizona needs more golf courses). Unfortunatally, these poor animals are then hunted and killed instead of being captured and either relocated or put in a zoo.

I am a hunter but I won't shot a couger unless it was endangering me or killing livestock.

Animals like this in the wild are unbelievably beautiful. I remember watching a bobcat once. It is wild just to watch them hunt. Movies, pictures, or anything else will ever show their beauty as seeing them in the wild.