GreaseSpot Cafe

Rap music a hit in Iran

markomalley

Anti-mullah rap is new hit in Iran

Tehran, Iran, Feb. 28 – Rap music is rapidly becoming a popular in Iran and a new CD which mocks the Islamic Republic’s ruling ayatollahs is taking the country by storm.

The latest in the line of music making fun of Iran’s top clerics is an album made by a group called Dalu.

The artists have taken popular rap beats and replaced the lyrics with their own versions, blasting the ayatollahs iron rule, incompetence in economic affairs, and even their unfashionable attire.

Iranian youths, who make up over 70 percent of the total population, have taken a liking to rap music, and the combo of hip beats and anti-mullah lyrics have been turning into a huge hit in Iran’s urban areas.

(remainder snipped)

What next?? Break-dancing in a burkha?

To the mod: this may actually belong in the "silly" forum, I don't know...

I know a few biologists who maintain that rhythm and certain notes when played disquiet many animals. In fact more than one group of elephants was sent almost rampaging when sub-sonic notes were sent through the ground at unnatural beats. (unnatural beats were defined as interfering with their heart rhythm.

I'll go looking.