GreaseSpot Cafe

DocVic's '67 Harley for sale on ebay

TheEvan

Jim and Dmiller- the twig hopper was technicaly a motorcycle with sidecar. only one wheel was driven-the motorcycle rear wheel. A side car is added to the original motorcycle. A trike has two rear wheels- both driven.

They were often built using a vw rearend and motor with a custom frame and motorcycle front wheel.

Right. What was I thinking??? icon_rolleyes.gif

Edited by dmiller

I did a little checking on this bike this weekend. Topeka Harley Davidson is one of my business accounts here . They have a great store you can see it here Harley Davidson The store has been family owned since 1949 and is ranked 37th in the top 100 Stores. In the seventies VPW used to stop at the old store on 6th street. Back in the days before the motercoach when he and Howard drove the camper, he often made a stopover on the way to Wichita to stay with Dr. Stroud and family. Some of you may remember it was Dr. Stroud that gave VP the ship that he talked about on the set of Christian Family & Sex. The store now is nothing like it was then of course, with its museum and Harley Town a center of shops coffee house and grill.

They have a 1969 fully restored Touring Electra Glide that looks very much like VP's bike looked in the photo in the museum here. Another part of the Harley complex is Yesterdays where they restore old Harleys back to original condition. I talked to the head restorer there and he said that the price was high on VP's bike. He said that that would be toward the high end for a restored one in good condition. It's really more of a collectors bike for in town riding nowadays. He said they will beat the hell out of you on a open road ride.