GreaseSpot Cafe

Owe No Man Anything

igotout

Owe No Man

And they say they do Biblical research? I say not. This pastor or seems to have done his homework. Doesn't look like Rocket Science to me.

Maybe they are afraid of what might happen if they dare admit they were wrong. And in my opinion they definitely were. Or could it be a case of extreme stubbornness.

Lots of people sold house and home to comply. Lots of people lost big bucks as a result. Search other discussions on greasespot to read more.

They can't even get it right when it's right in front of them!

They totally took Chris Jordan's paper that she researched and followed exactly the study techniques taught in TWI and showed how they have been teaching wrong doctrine. Rico Spaghetti took Chris's teaching and then totally twisted it and took it off on some tangent that I'm sure by the end of his teaching everyone had forgotten what the topic really was.

As for me and my house? I'm happily sitting on over $100K in equity in just a few years of home ownership. :)

Belle, Orlando is hot! So is here in Tampa. We bought 17 years ago. Thank God we refused to sell even when Moneyhands (a math major who does not know how to do the math apparently) and Giles were on our case to sell in 1998 to get out of our evil debt.

Dummies.

Losers (of equity)

Edited by igotout

While Tenn hasn`t got the growth of Orlando or Tampa... We too engaged in the evil "D" word and bought a house....it took us 8 yrs to pay off a 15 yr mortagage....we have been living rent/mortgage free for over 6 yrs.

We don`t have to worry about rent the rest of our lives and our property increases in value while we enjoy it.

I am appalled that twi actively prevented people from enjoying this simple pleasure.

Good for you guys not letting twi bully you our of your homes!

Edited by rascal

A house is the only way I know of to make free money. You just hang on to it, and wah-lah! Money made with hardly any effort (unless you have a fixer-uppper :biglaugh: ).

Many Californians learned this by living in their houses for many years while they acquired equity in the house. They took that equity and bought another house in a less expensive area, paid cash and live without mortgages. It didn't take much effort. I wished I had bought a house in Northern California when they were still $100,000 in the late 80s. That same house today would sell for $500-600,000. Can you say retirement fund? Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....darn it anyhow! $100,000 seemed like so much back then. Now I would love to find a nice house for $100,000.

Investing in real estate is smart most of the time IMHO.

I got my house in 1980. Paid $23,500 for it. If it were to sell today, I might get $80,000 for it, and I wasn't around when twi suggested the crap they propound, about being out of debt. By the time they did, I was already out of debt, but I would have flipped them the finger, if they tried to tell me what to do with my finances, living situation, etc.

I looked to them (at one time) to teach the Word of God,

NOT TO TELL ME how they thought I should manage my check-book.

As Ed Abbey once said -----

"I p!ss on them all, from a considerable height."

:B) :B) :B)

Edited by dmiller