GreaseSpot Cafe

How are the !'s?

GeorgeStGeorge

Aw George....what a sweet post!

We !'s are doing well!!!!

Steve is kickin butt and takin names at work.

I'm enjoying the heck outta my students and looking for a job that lets me be closer to home. We nixxed the idea of the online masters degree through DeVry cuz they just don't know what they are doing and I got tired of walkin em through it.

So I decided to go with one of the top ten grad schools in the country for education and will begin my Masters in Educational Leadership this summer (I go next week for my final acceptance meeting). I'm excited!!!

Jessica has a new boyfriend whom Steve! and I really, really like. He is a sweet boy, albeit a teenage boy, who treats her the way she should be treated. (her previous boyfriend we didn't like at all)

Kat has been invited into the advanced gifted program in high school next year. She is looking soooo forward to working with kids as serious about school and learning as she is. She did wonderfully as cheerleader this year in middle school and led an assembly, with the principal's ok, on name calling in school and how damaging it is. We are very very proud of her.

Josh has advanced in boy scouts quicker than any scout in the history of this area. Of course, this was hampered when he broke his wrist two days before surgery on the thumb he damaged and ended up in the ER with us TWICE (exwaydaryl visited him there, too). But he had surgery and all is well now. He also is being courted for gifted after making the 99th percentile in standardized testing.

Zach is a cub scout and making some sweet friends. He and Josh built a fort in the back yard with Steve's help and they groove on that thing!!! He is also doing well in school and is interested in martial arts.

As far as a baby goes....at this point, that's in God's hands. Steve and I both signed w-2's with our employers not claiming the kids and being withheld at the higher rate. But we did not get the refund that would have paid for my surgery. We are in too high a tax bracket (kind of a bitter-sweet situation).

We have been working on being debt-free for two years now.....putting all of our disposable income into that (even not attending Oakspear's wedding)...we will reach our goal this coming fall. So there still may be baby news to share once we are debt-free!