GreaseSpot Cafe

Who is that masked man?

BettyBoop

Since I voiced my opinion about multiple names, I want to emphasize that I'm not accusing Betty Boop of being deceptive. I know that for some people, posting on Internet forums isn't taken too seriously and they feel it doesn't matter if they have multiple personna. It's sort of a game.

Others here have had several name changes but have let us know when they changed, so it's not always done to deceive, obviously.

I want to make it clear that I was just curious, not accusing Betty Boop of anything.

I know I've been very curious who Paw might be. I've even asked some people during chat, and usually get the same answer: Paw is the one who is responsible for the Cafe... but I was looking for a name!

Do I know this man?

After listening to the interview I thought his voice sounded familiar...

It's a mystery :wave:

I was simply asking if Paw posts under another name so he could be more open with his comments. I was not asking who he really is as I already know his name from many years ago.

Back in the early GS at ez-boards you didn't have to be a member of a group you could post in many differant groups using the same name or create a differant, more appropreate name for each if you wished. I posted in many groups with a name that was appropreate for the group. A name like "Bless-You" just wouldn't fit in an outlaw bikers group. I would sometimes forget to log out from one group and post under that name at GS, therefore having more that one name at GS.

Unfortunately after posting under my regular GS and WayDale name I was found out by a number of friends who only "lurk" and they made it a point to embaress me for my thoughts so I changed my name. It didn't take long before I was found out again. I never said anything about anyone else, I just told my feelings obout what TWI did to me and those that know me know I do not express my feelings very well in person.

There are many "LURKERS" here both "IN" and "OUT" that I know who haven't the "BALL$" to express themselves here and I get tired of comments from them about what I say here so I started posting under Betty so I could have some privacy on certain subjects.

I am very sorry if I offended anyone here. :(

BettyBoop is gone forever - Over and out. :wave:

Wow, Betty, no one is trying to run you off. Maybe a little more information would have helped. *shrug*

Back in the early GS at ez-boards you didn't have to be a member of a group you could post in many differant groups using the same name or create a differant, more appropreate name for each if you wished. I posted in many groups with a name that was appropreate for the group. A name like "Bless-You" just wouldn't fit in an outlaw bikers group. I would sometimes forget to log out from one group and post under that name at GS, therefore having more that one name at GS.
Ever thought about a "generic" name that would transcend both boards? "BikerBabe" used to post here and that would work on both boards - "Harley Hot Shot" .... I have CRS pretty bad, so having just two screen names and one password makes life a lot easier for me.
Unfortunately after posting under my regular GS and WayDale name I was found out by a number of friends who only "lurk" and they made it a point to embaress me for my thoughts so I changed my name. It didn't take long before I was found out again. I never said anything about anyone else, I just told my feelings obout what TWI did to me and those that know me know I do not express my feelings very well in person.

They don't sound like very good friends....well, they don't sound like friends at all if they are embarrassing you for your thoughts. It could also be the way you write or talk that gives you away....I know when I was posting under another handle in order to expose the evil going on in the way while I was still involved and trying to save my marriage, I would write my post and edit it a million and one times hoping to get my "personality" out of the post....if I couldn't - I'd e-mail what I wanted to say to someone else and let them post it. I'd be more than happy to do that for you, as would many others here, I'm sure.

It's important, imo, for us to be able to express our feelings here and I think that's a huge part of the healing process of GSpot (and the former WayDale)....we get to think out loud - we get to tell stories of our lives that we never could dream of telling anyone while we were actually going through it.... Hearing that others thought the same things - went through the same things, etc.... it's more comforting than words can express.

There are many "LURKERS" here both "IN" and "OUT" that I know who haven't the "BALL$" to express themselves here and I get tired of comments from them about what I say here so I started posting under Betty so I could have some privacy on certain subjects.

Again, folks who do that are NOT friends and they have no reason to know who you are or even comment on it if it isn't to help you - you'll get enough flack from our regular "thorns" here. ;)

There's no rule book that says you have to respond to PMs, e-mails, phone calls, etc. - especially if it's folks who are going to just tear you down or make you feel bad for something you expressed and shared from the heart on here.

Your post sounded suspicious to me and I'm sorry if I came across too harsh. (I was also typing up old TWIt teaching notes and getting *%^#*ed re-reading how manipulated we were, but it's no excuse for being rude to you.)

I suspect that Paw, like others here, have friends that they talk to and express things with instead of having a separate moniker on here. I know I do....If something's very personal, hits too close to home or upsetting for me, I contact someone I'm very close to and it's more likely than not someone from here that I've known for YEARS - even if I've never met them in person..... You can't establish relationships like that if you keep changing your name. I think that's one of the benefits that we don't think about when we choose a screen name and stick with it for a long time.

Anyway, please don't leave. Everyone here (well 99% of the folks here :biglaugh: ) are an asset to the community and contributes something whether they realize it or not. I'm pretty good at helping friends on other sites to come up with screen names that they like, that fit their personality without giving away their identity. If' you'd like some help, suggestions, or to bounce ideas off someone, please know I'd be delighted to help.

And dump those folks who don't care about your feelings and who "spy" on you and make you feel bad for things you post. Life's too short for buggers like that. :love3:

Belle

Thanks, you are a sweetheart.

FIFTH – As kids we’re taught to appologize when we’re wrong. I gladly apologize when I’m wrong – just did this morning, as a matter of fact. Did our parents just make that up, or is it some Biblical principle?

Thanks, Betty Boop. I never would have thought of the reasons you gave as reasons for switching names. I understand better now.

If it were me, I just wouldn't tell my friends my screen name if I didn't want them bugging me about my posts. I made my self scarce to quite a few exway friends years ago because they thought they had a right to tell me to "listen to this tape--it'll change your life" or "do this," "don't do that." Something to consider. :dance:

I hope you'll stick around as BB so we can get to know ya better.

I agree with Belle and Linda. I never realized why someone would have more than one screen name for a purpose other than deception. That was left over way brain from all the deception forced upon us by them. I apologize for judging you (and others) that way. In my case, it was ignorance.

And I agree with Belle and Linda too that I'd like Betty to stay around. We are beginning to know you....how about giving us the opportunity to know you better.

Thank you, BettyBoop, for accepting my apology. It comes sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I remember all too well the paranoia and the horrible feelings and fear that posting on these boards can cause. I apologize for not even considering that even though I was in those shoes for far too long.

I do hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you better. :)

Now, do you like being BettyBoop? I love the avatar and handle, btw! OR, is there something else you'd like to be called? What kinds of things do you like besides Outlaw Bikers? ;) We can brainstorm with you, if you want. :biglaugh: