GreaseSpot Cafe

Household vs. Everyone Else

Belle

They clearly show the control TWI had over people's finances and the very distinct teaching distinguishing "TWI" from the rest of the world......

AC Special Notes: This is from 1997.

Eph 6:10

Skimming over the words like (finally, brethren) is wrong – it minimizes the word and is out of fellowship.

Don’t mindlessly go through the word, to not keep working,, learning and seeing the vibrancy of the word to grow is at some point out of fellowship and private interpretation

I don’t live with immaturity

Be strong – imperative and a command addressed to the faithful – expected of the believers at our level….in aramaic it’s the word for prevail.

We have to dominate our old man nature/aspects of our personality and habit patterns…

Example like “be no deceived” – that’s a command.

“evil communications corrupt…” –

Adversary 1st and foremost attacks our old man nature.

When a person continues to sin there’s devil spirit influence….

1 Jo 3:8 – longsuffering and patience – the adversary has used to hide behind it.

our response to his pleeing to tithe has kept us (TWI) afloat. God allowed to hold things together because we’ve stewarded our $$$ - No reason TWI should be prosperous,

Honestly disciple until you are at plurality giving level.

When God gives privilege to get deliverance in a category and we go back to the old man, we get left in the dust.

Giving….we have to grow up to the point of giving all on our own – not out of compulsion

This is one of the keys of “walking by the spirit” covered in the advanced class

Getting out of debt doesn’t change your thought patterns – the challenge will be to stay strong once out of debt.

Endunamoo – all inclusive, right in the middle of….

Love God – Do his commandments

The goal is to get so strong we’re not tempted – use the word and use the household to get that strong.

1 Jo 2 – addressed to this kind of group – those of us exerting power – kratos with an impact

my brethren, little children / teknon – terms of endearment, affection and trust – addressed to the faithful, those who have proven themselves

because you are strong the more the word opens up to you….you’re doing something with the word. –

endeared to God by living the word so more opens up to them – especially the “how” in the spirit realm.

Acts 9:19 – who w/to be strong – why we’re not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, like dead headed grads

v.22 – we’re to be imitators of Paul

so much for being imitators of Jesus

Romans 4

The adversary mastered scripture to use against you – he’s a genius at your behavior and can effectively predict your behavior.

Like some people master reading body language – if we’re stale in a category, the devil can set up scenarios to get you because you’re so predictable.

If you do not increase in strength you will refuse to hear and therefore reach a point of apisita – they don’t want to go any deeper – they just stagger like a drunken man

To be strong like Eph 6 you MUST live sanctified….

This is the family vs. the household – we’re the ones living sanctified.

In Christ = fundamentals of alignment and harmony, SIT, etc.

In the Lord = deeper step of maturity – in commitment – required of the household

Zion is “in the Lord” – that’s where we in TWI are

That strength is only available “in the Lord” – You can’t be “in the Lord” if you aren’t in the household – TWI

Explains that “genuine spiritual suspicion” regarding “smoking out homos” was available to work because it was operated and acted on within the guidelines of “in the Lord” and, therefore, in THE Household – TWI.

Revisiting this crap may be why I've been so "confrontational" on the other threads, LAE. :ph34r:

Stirs up a lot of emotions, doesn't it? And folks who never were fully engulfed in the TWI II regime wonder why we were so scared to leave, so willing to hand over our last dollar and so friggin elitist....

I'm hoping this will shed some light on the mentality and things that were pounded into our head.....that's just the first page of notes, too....I have a whole friggin notebook of this stuff...

<_< Come to think of it....I wonder if those financial things mentioned in this class would help the Peelers any....

I think it's time for a glass of wine, some smooth jazz, loads of candles and a girlie bubble bath tonight.... Maybe I'll be more "longsuffering" in the morning. :who_me:

Belle

I don't think that most people not present for TWI round 2 have a problem grasping what those that stayed around went through. I kept a watch on what was going on as best as one could from a distance. Speaking for myself I just can't comprehend why it seemed to be so hard to reconcile what was going on with what the scriptures said. It was no surprise the direction that things were headed in I 'd say the quote from POP pretty well made it clear for all to see.

"If Craig does not come back to the integrity of the Word then before too long he will begin to blame others around him for lacking spiritual perception and will begin to blame the loss of power in the Ministry on others. I've seen it before and I see it in the Word. He will start to lash out wrongly. It will hurt so many. It will sound genuine, but it will not bring deliverance to those who follow what he says. Spiritually they will be empty words. Once God's Word is compromised in any way it no longer is God's true Word. You have error, and error is error.

Just from the few quotes you have posted it is pretty plain to see that is exactly what happened.

"If Craig does not come back to the integrity of the Word then before too long he will begin to blame others around him for lacking spiritual perception. Yes

and will begin to blame the loss of power in the Ministry on others. Yep

I've seen it before and I see it in the Word. He will start to lash out wrongly. Need we say more

It will hurt so many. An understatement

It will sound genuine, but it will not bring deliverance to those who follow what he says. Absolutely

Spiritually they will be empty words. Once God's Word is compromised in any way it no longer is God's true Word. You have error, and error is error. That about sums it up

WD

Some of us were not around for POP, like 75% that were and post or lurk here. THese docs probaly concludes your warnings you saw coming at that point in your life

THis is pretty new to Belle and me, we lived in bubble and found these sites for a reason. She is posting info for people who have a absence of info related to the 90's. Her material will only interest those who did not have material or understnd the 90's or who want to untangle the error presented.

I never knew who CHris Geer was till I got here and read POP, like Belle as well, and Im sure there are more. THere are gaps of time between many.

Personaly, I removed all my material from my home from the 90's......Its in the city dump....

I have wiped that slate clean, so to speak.. :dance:

Edited by likeaneagle

Seeing I was in 28 years and so recently left this subject is still raw for me. The household teaching is a real gripper that keeps folks who sincerely want to do the right thing bound and entrapped....so deeply entrapped. The last 4 years I was in I had concluded in my own heart that the household teaching wasn't quite right, but could not see the clear and manipulative evil of it until a couple months out. As folks here can relate, it was so scarey to leave. And looking back, it seems "silly," but it is not silly. Folks lives are manipulated and people loose touch with their own core.

WD, thanks for the POP post. I have always avoided reading that piece of garbage...but maybe now...I MIGHT take the time to read it. I've never been a CG fan. :blink: :)

We were not corps and lived in a remote area during POP. We really didin't move closer to way corps til the early nineties. We didn't have access to POP nor did any of our fleeing corps aquaintances fill us in.

We read POP in 2000 after we left TWI.

WD - when I read that part of POP I thought the same thing...........seems prophetic........which always gets me in that thought mode of was VPW always bad or did he just turn bad.......I go back and forth on that as I read different posts........he seemed to understand that this was going to happen.........I know another thread......but thanks for posting that because that is exactly how it came down in the 90's......was there and experienced it..........

Edited by outofdafog

Prophecy fulfilled, eh, Dove?

How many folks got to hear it and didn't see it? I doubt I would have believed it given the source of the information. :unsure: But still, it IS interesting to note.

I didn't hear of POP or anything negative about TWI till finding WayDale, though....

Edited by Belle

Like an Eagle

I know that many here did not have access to such things Craig made sure they were erased along with other letters and tapes of their admitted apologies.

Prophecy fulfilled, eh, Dove?

How many folks got to hear it and didn't see it? I doubt I would have believed it given the source of the information. But still, it IS interesting to note.

I think it was outofdafog that said it seems prophetic, but I would agree!

How many others got to hear and didn't see? Too Many! and TOO many Heard and Saw and Shut Up due to fear and to keep their stinking jobs. Considering the choice between the sources I have to say I'd go with the one I did.

WD - when I read that part of POP I thought the same thing...........seems prophetic........which always gets me in that thought mode of was VPW always bad or did he just turn bad.......I go back and forth on that as I read different posts........he seemed to understand that this was going to happen.........I know another thread......but thanks for posting that because that is exactly how it came down in the 90's......was there and experienced it..........

"seems prophetic"...The operative word here is "seems".

Chris Geer was very aware of the widespread adultry that was going on...he was also aware of many, many of the other abuses as well...afterall, he was PART OF IT! Once Wierwille died, it was not difficult to foresee the crumbling of twi...Geer was smart enough to know that under Martindale's reign of terror, things would soon fall apart...this was not anything prophetic, it was simply recognizing cause and effect. If you throw a lit match into barn full of hay, it's not prophesy to "predict" that the barn will burn down.

I believe that Geer was merely posturing himself in order to avoid blame and to continue onward with his own splinter group once things fell apart (which he has done)...I still say that Geer was nothing more than the bus driving pimp with a black heart.

On a serious note, I was around for pop and some of the aftermath. We were so far out in the boonies that all I managed was a quick lookover before my recently resigned extwig coordinator snatched it back and ran back across the street to her home, slamming the door shut on the way in to fume (I suppose) about ol craiggers.

Since then I have read it (twice) and have to say most of those points would be obvious to anyone who knew of the circles inner doings.

I left shortly after but got reinvolved in the early 90's. I remember an splinter outtie wanted me to order a bunch of way material, stuff like the blue book etc. but I digress. I never forgot PoP and as the 90's got rolling so did the paranoia. Its funny how during this time I had become a *part* of this area, a fixture, friend to many. I began to see just what ties I had where and realised I had many good friends in this community and began to reevaluate my connections with twi. I had seen several folks become mark and avoid during this time and was privey to much of the process...I knew twi was off balance, big time.

What bothered me was their us v them attitude.

I looked at craigs psyche and what he was preaching and knew to what level he intended to carry it if the opportunity arose.

That scared me.

Remember the Eastwood and Wayne cutouts...

Oh the 'household'... this was one of the big lies that had me disrespecting many people.

Coming from a German background, there are many older folks I know that have a DEEP love & respect for God unt His Verd...

After learning the 'truth' of who the true household is :rolleyes: , I was horrible, and thought evil of them at times.

They were very sweet to me at all times, and welcomed me back with open arms, and let me know that they NEVER stopped praying for me :)