GreaseSpot Cafe

The Pocketbook has felt the pinch....

Catcup

quote: At a recent STS at TWI, a teacher supposedly (and I don't know who) stood at the auditorium podium and taught about forgiveness and said they all should apologize for how some of US who have left the ministry have been treated by THEM. Supposedly this person brought everyone in the auditorium to tears with his teaching. This resulted in an "innie" family member contacting an "outie" family member and relating the whys and wherefores of his unusual warmup after being previously so cold.

This past weekend I was at a Pentecost weekend type fellowship, where I met someone who said she was the housekeeper for a high profile TWI couple until she got kicked out of the corps sometime in the late 80s early 90s. She said she sent the woman a Christmas card every year with updates about her family and such, but never received a card from the woman UNTIL this past year. She didn't say anything about an apology, but she figured the woman was fiercely loyal to the company line and if she was told not to have any contact with "contaminated believers" she just wouldn't do it.

But I thought that was kind of interesting.

Edited by johniam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a recent STS at TWI, a teacher supposedly (and I don't know who) stood at the auditorium podium and taught about forgiveness and said they all should apologize for how some of US who have left the ministry have been treated by THEM. Supposedly this person brought everyone in the auditorium to tears with his teaching. This resulted in an "innie" family member contacting an "outie" family member and relating the whys and wherefores of his unusual warmup after being previously so cold.

I'm wondering if this "forgiveness teaching" was bookended with innie/outie family members only. I mean...... aren't Christians supposed to be living epistles of love, compassion, forgiveness, etc.?? What about brothers and sisters in Christ? What about enduring friendships? What about corps buddies who stuck together thru thick and thin? Guess not. :)

Even stubborn rivals stand "with family" when the need arises.

Looks like decades of "friendship" means nothing when it comes to twi's policies of mark/avoid. Or, could it be that those staffers just don't want to cross the line and....God forbid....be on Rosie's black list. And further, be sent packing and have to face the real world.

My oh my....how hypocrisy rules in twi.

:asdf: