GreaseSpot Cafe

Nebraska

Oakspear

Yes, I was there then.

If you stayed the next year, we undoubtedly know each other. I was in until August 2001.

I believe all the WOWvets were in Way Homes:

The Starr Street Way Home across from the fraternity house near east campus or the guys' Way Home closer to downtown with the fearless Way Corps "leader".

Seeing from your profile that you are female and were in the way Corps, you had to have been the coordinator of the Starr Street Way Home. Am I correct?

Didn't know you were "out" (assuming you are)

Email me if you want to - oakspear@hotmail.com

There is still a small Way presence in Lincoln - just one fellowship in the whole state.

Oakspear

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

[This message was edited by Oakspear on August 04, 2002 at 18:23.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I first came to Nebraska as a WOW in 1980-81

Stayed as a TC in a Way Home 1982-83

Was active for another year and left twi

Came back in November 1990 and stayed until August 2001.

Oakspear

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...but in practice there is

If he was 11th Corps he would have been interim 1981-82, he wasn't in Omaha then.

He would have graduated in summer 1983: I had just started a 7 1/2 year hiatus from twi and would have missed him.

Oakspear

• 8 months later...

She and Ronnie were assigned to Kentucky in the 80's and were still there in the mid 90's last I checked. They've been out since the POP reading as far as I know.

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

"We...know how cruel the truth often is, and we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling"

Henri Poincare

• 1 month later...

I would like to invite you all to our annual customer appreciation day at the bar we own. We are in the southern part of minnesota. On august 15th I would like to invite you to camp out in our yard and have a campfire and get to know each other. Then on the evening on the 16th to the party at the bar. We will have a pig roast and music (heartland express) out there from 8pm til midnight. Five dollars at the door. Also, of course if you want to drink it would be the price of the drinks otherwise for the weekend it would cost nothing else. Bring your own food. It should be a lot of fun!!! Please remember that this weekend would be for relaxation and not to be used as a witnessing time of your beliefs. Thanks. Please let me know through this or private message if you would like to be come.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

• 4 years later...

I can't believe nobody's added anything to the Nebraska thread in 4 years! What a pathetic representation :) OK, I live in NE, and have since moving back (from Phx) in 98. I just discovered this site yesterday while looking for Moon from LA. I KNOW there's other believers in this state. I sense their presence!

God Bless all a y'all

Put God's Word in your head and stand tall.

• 1 month later...

There was a Carmen Holden here in mid-town Memphis during the fog years. He married Pat German. For all I know that still live there. Got really into to m&a stuff, and ended up with few in their fellowship, from what I heard.

Suda

• 5 months later...