thanks to all my chat room friends for your input

and insight............thanks

time now for me to rest and wait

await for today's events to unfold

ill let you know how everthing went

(graphic detail will be witheld

but i will give you a little juice

thanks again

It sounds like a great time already, WE.

I don't know what current protocol is either, but

I do know that when I want some sugar,

I rub my fella's shoulder with mine.

It's a personal habit, perhaps, but a cue to look for.

What a lucky girl to have such a nice date to look forward to herself...

:wave:

qt

Awwwww, cool!! :love3:

I've found the older I get the easier it is to "just be myself". I think part of that is getting "set" in my ways, though. LOL! Wish I had understood that so much better when I was younger - sure would have made things easier back then, but, oh well....

Sounds like quite the evening you've planned. I'm sure she'll be smitten and have a grand ole time. Just treat her like a lady and do all the gentlemanly things you know to do. :)

If she mirrors your body language, leans into you, touches you (even "accidentally") - then she's giving you "I'm into you" vibes and means she's definitely open for the goodnight kiss. ;) Especially with lots of eye contact.

Please do tell us how it goes! I haven't had a date in so long, I'd love to live vicariously through yours! :biglaugh:

shavedthe backt galen. thanks fer the heads up

my date didn.t happen and that's ok

ive kinda gotten used to it, not

it hurts a little, but that will pass

bull .... it won't pass

my eyes hurt my heart hurts my soul is flat

and that hurts the most

daissies were really wonderful, in full bloom

they are here at my place but the limo never showed

so thell' stay on my table

thanks belle fer the encouragement, sweetness follows the soul

qt you are a dear and i fer one am glad fer you

you bring smiles to my face

dj..............wanna have a miller with me? it would be a joy

to sip life's finest with lifes finest

scout vicarious is sooo much fun, its supposed to be

this woulda been my first in a long,lomg time

but so far the meter is on ..............low

Geeze Watersedge..

It tears me up to hear your account. Yes, people are desperate for the love they knew in their homes growing up or if that wasn't available.. the love they saw in the family next door or down the street where love reigned. There are LOTS of lonely people like yourself out there. Gots to be careful but... there's LOTS of opportunities for honest guys who aren't trying to hustle women. And you can't blame the women for being leary because you and I both know... there are a lot of male JERKS out there.

Personally, I've LONG told my two daughters of a single fact. I've simply told them, "Girls listen to me. Guys are pigs. If you need a 2nd opinion.. bring them home to daddy. Daddy will be able to tell."

sudo

I don't think it was personal at all. I thinkk if the date was set on more neutral grounds where where she could arrive and depart under her own power, it would have gone easier.

Modern women want to meet nice men, but don't feel safe when they don't know the guy and he wants them to come to his home. Next time try a public place you can both arrive at separately, or at least, if you want the limmo thing, which is a nice touch....have that be between the limo company and her. Call the company, tell her to call them for arrangements and you will pick up the tab....that way her home base is protected.

Hmmm...I've been thinking on this as I've studied this morning, because thinking about dates is more fun than thinking about algebra.

I've had some great dates...I've had some real toilet-dramas (including the guy, who after dinner, as we got back into my car -- I drove -- reclined my passenger seat, undid the top button of his jeans, looked at me, looked at his zip, looked back at me...needless to say, I stepped out of my car, flagged a policeman, looked at the guy, looked at the cop, looked at the guy...he, errrr, departed quickly).

I suppose we all have the image of what would be, for us, the perfect date. I've come close, but I've never had my perfect one...at least, not yet.

It's really simple for me: Meet at Ship's Cafe in Catonsville. My gentleman friend will order my favourite bourbon and a cider chaser. He will order 2 dozen gigantor crabs. We will eat mass quantities. Conversation won't lag, and won't be forced.

After that...anything's good.

What is your idea of a perfect date, WE? (and others, too)

Just considering these things,

qt

I've been thinking about this, too. Especially since I'm back in the dating world. :biglaugh:

When I get to choose or suggest where to go for a first date, I pick the oyster bar around the corner from my house. I meet him there (safety) and we get a bucket of beer and a bucket of oysters or a plate of gator tail. (Both is okay, but it's bonus points if he'll eat raw oysters with me). When you get a bucket of oysters, you sit at the oyster bar and have your own shucker there for you. I like this because:

It's casual - I can see if the guy is too uptight, too GQ /preppy for me

It's cheap - I don't feel bad if the date doesn't work out

I get to see how he treats others, particularly service people

It's close to home

It's not so loud that you can't have a great conversation

There's an outside bar if it's a nice night out

Depending on when the date is - NASCAR is on the tv :biglaugh:

I can learn a lot about a guy in this one night and generally have a pretty good idea of whether I'd like to see him again or not.

Some friends of mine usually meet for coffee at one of the local bookstores or coffee houses downtown. If things seem to be going well, they'll move to dinner, if not - then they go their separate ways and nobody has really lost anything but time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really and truly think, though, that dating is MOST successful when we get to the place where we are comfortable with ourselves, love ourselves and honestly believe that we deserve to be here and deserve to have the best that life has to offer. We should really only be looking for a life long partner because we WANT one and not because we NEED one. We should not feel as though we need someone to complete us. We should feel as though we want someone to enrich our already complete lives.