GreaseSpot Cafe

Advice for the future.

FreeAtLast

In my younger years (say, pre-25), I probably would have done the same thing the truck driver did. In my bolder years, I would have thought, "What the heck" and asked you out. Maybe you need that boldness, too. If you make the first move, you can set the ground rules. If there's a spark there, go for it. (Of course, as many have pointed out, don't be an idiot!)

George

And you're so hot, I'M having trouble thinking!

Just a thought, but as far as I know, if the Employer doesn't present the correct amount on your check they are bound by law to PAY YOU BY THE HOUR EXTRA, a certain amount, until the situation is taken care of.

Might be worth looking into.

Instead of wanting to pay you later, he could have paid you out of pocket and reimbursed himself later

It's okay to say "this won't work for me, I need to get paid right now" :wave:

Oh... and about the truck guy.... His comments were STRANGE ~ Worthy of much CAUTION. (like the get the H*LL outa there type)

I once met a serial killer. This guy drove around California & Nevada looking to kill women that cheated on their husbands.

We met at a City Park in Las Vegas during one of my many trips with the children. He was FULL of FLATTERY, and kept saying how thankful my husband must be, since I was so beautiful and hard working, with three kids, oh my...

Mixed in all of his words were OFFERS for a GREAT LIFE WITH HIM (details of all the STUFF he had), he was trying to CONVINCE me to walk to the parking lot and see something FANTASTIC in the trunk of his car... a green Mercedes....

The shy, polite person that I can SOMETIMES be, 'oh, no thanks', while pushing the kids on the swing, UNTIL he got closer & closer... I thought it was TIME TO GO!

This guy walked right next to us, INSISTING that what he had to offer was better than ANYTHING my husband could even imagine.... "DIDN'T I WANT THAT?' JUST A QUICK LOOK IN THE TRUNK"?

Later that night on the news, THE POLICE PUT OUT A WARNING, a guy, PERFECTLY MATCHING HIS DISCRIPTION, driving a GREEN MERCEDES, was abducting women, luring them to his car, putting an ether soaked rag over their face, and shoving them in the trunk, LATER KILLING THEM and dumping the bodies...

His offers did sound somewhat good too~ :(

Be VERY careful out there~

open heart surgery !!!!!!!! how ARE you doing ????????

so sorry to hear about your medical hurts and financial struggles

what happened at the roller rink, aren't they liable ?

--

without having been there with you, i can't say for sure how i feel about the fellow

but sounds possible it was shyness on both your parts, so i hope you run into each other again "if" fate would have it :)

Ex:

Heart surgery - I had a tumor lodged in the right ventricle of my heart. It turned out to be a fibroma most likely aggrivated by an injury to the heart. This injury occurred during Rodeo School. As for my other woes it seems that to be that my life is governed by the Laws of Murphy.

Roller Rink injury: the lawyer I got told me since injury is expected at the Roller Rink those types of cases are hard to win even though there was a gash in the floor that I tripped over. He said that roller rinks are allowed to have a certain degree of fault without fear of lawsuit. So I am stuck with the huge medical bills.

Yeah maybe I will run into the guy again, highly unlikely but one never knows these things right?

Edited by FreeAtLast

sayin hi to ya free

as a gentleman i would have offered you shade

a bottle or glass of water

safe transport for you

if i came upon a beautiful lady like you

i would never say you "are hot or good lookin"

so cliche

as a man i would have rendered aide to you and if i was interested

i would have given you my number

no pressure on you to respond

no pressure on me to pursue

if you did call i may or may not ask you to dinner

and if you chose to go to dinner

you would be treated with the respect due you

to me thats how anyone builds a relation and life

hot jeans, tight buns an a pick-um truck

dont werk, less the dude is loaded

then i still won't compromise

my heart is mine for me alone

and iffin i wanna give of it, that's my choice

an old man's advice

ps hot: hot jeans, tight buns an a pick-um truck

do pertain to the women folk

I agree WE it was the most fun I have had on a Saturday Night.

You were a hoot. I gotta get out (there) more often.

Don't forget to start at the pool

table.

Enjoy the cherries and whipped cream.

And get some sleep you posted at 3 am

Edited by FreeAtLast