GreaseSpot Cafe

Days Like These.....

WhiteDove

It's days like these that I am so very thankful for having had access to so much learning about the things of God. Despite all the bad, having learned how to walk and talk with God and to hear His voice has been a wonderful blessing to my life.

Today a couple traveling through town stoped at one of my customers a laundry to wash their clothes. While they were there the lady asked me if there were any unclaimed blankets left behind. I looked in the back room but the owner had donated most of the clothes to the local Goodwill store last week so there were none. I gave them a couple of nice bath towels they wanted also, and went about my work. It was then that I was reminded that I had a brand new blanket in my van. I had bought it a few months back one day on a close out table for next to nothing, at the time I thought I'd just leave it in the van in case of emergency. It rolled up into a small roll and had the lock straps like a sleeping bag so it was very compact.

Having just bought it my first thought was why would I want to give it away. Because I asked you to came the reply. So out to the van I go........... As I gave it to the lady she turned to the man and said see I told you my God is awesome. This morning I prayed for a blanket today and I have the perfect one for traveling.

What can I say? How cool is that..............

yeah.. me too... that's a good WD... see, that's the way I've always envisioned "plurality giving" and "abundant sharing" working... there's lots of opportunities out there to do things like that, we only need to take the blinders off and see them...

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Tom -- When are you going to NK, and teach this!?!?

(Something they need to hear -- eh?)

It's days like these that I am so very thankful for having had access to so much learning about the things of God. Despite all the bad, having learned how to walk and talk with God and to hear His voice has been a wonderful blessing to my life.

...I feel that way too. although I'm not sure I've kept keen by reading His Word faithfully, but there isn't a day or maybe even a few hours that the Word doesn't help me in decesions I make...I don't focus on the "crap" much anymore. I haven't the time, desire or stamina it takes......Jim

Your right Tom,

As I said I'm glad I learned,but I wouldn't say I'm always good at putting it into practice.

Back at you Dot

And sometimes it comes full circle like when Dot found my furry pal for me........ I think I came out ahead in that deal.......

post-1237-1154228161_thumb.jpg

Edited by WhiteDove

I also had a sweet occurance today.

Was at my college library at closing time when an old, disheveld man was trying to check out a Bible with his health insurance card - when that didn't work, he offered a phone card.

Was able to offer a Bible that was in my car - nice, large print - he was surprised and delighted and very thankful.

So was I.

WHITEBIRDY-- that is soo sweet! (Shhhh! don't tell anybody I said that!!)

We've gotten that chance to do such things, too--and to know we can actually hear God tell us to give in those instances, is awesome!

Thanks for sharing that story! God is so good!

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does. Psalmie says I'm sweet,she loves me,she loves me,really, really she does.

Shhhh! don't tell anyone............

Edited by WhiteDove

WhiteDove, I'm so happy you're loved, but rest assured, your secret is safe with me.

"Giving" is a gift from God that only some of us understand. I hold a special place in my heart for the times I was truly in need and someone "gave" and was able to meet a great need in my life. Often times it was a complete stranger.

Our family is making trips to Goodwill regularly these days because we're cleaning house with the attitude "less is more".

I have a large flower-wreath shaped in a heart I no longer want. The last five trips to Goodwill, I forgot to take the wreath. I'd beat myself up on the way home because I'm just so darned forgetful.

Low and behold, a complete stranger walked thru my door last night, set her eyes upon the wreath and commented that it was one of the most beautiful wreaths she had ever seen. She said it matched the colors in her house perfectly. I say it was a match made in heaven.