GreaseSpot Cafe

When you live with a lady....put the seat back down

medic's wife

A message to all guys out there. When you live with a woman...we think it is AWESOME that you remember to raise the seat of the toilet to begin with.

But one more gentle reminder to all...please put it back down. Smokey is not home very often and forgets this very important issue. I cannot tell you how many "suprise bidets" I have had in the middle of the night. One time I thought I was going to have to call a rescue squad to pull me out of the toilet.

I kinda fell in.

I thought this might be of help to the guys that are on the road a lot and only home long enough to create the disturbance in the lady's life.

When Smokey is gone...well, it' s just us girls here now. So we are used to having that seat down.

All joking aside....I would put up with numerous suprise dunks to have him back home right now :cryhug_1_:

Sudo...I always liked that little saying

Years ago hubby and I had a pool, and all the neighbor kids would come and swim, of course....

I wanted to hang a sign that said "We don't swim in your toilet...so please do not pee in our pool"

:biglaugh:

Bowtwi! Greetings from Alabama! Yup...that' a great idea for a sign, too. :biglaugh:

As a former "beach bum"....i'ts one thing to pee in the big ocean.....a pool is a whole different story/

I think all swimmers should take an ettiquite class LOL

I am trying to indoctrinate ("yuck way speak") my young son into the ways of considerate manhood. He is starting to raise the seat. But putting it down is another story. I also have to get him some of those little aiming toys since he seems to hit the seat and the floor and the sink and anything else around. YUCK!!!!

But one more gentle reminder to all...please put it back down. Smokey is not home very often and forgets this very important issue. I cannot tell you how many "suprise bidets" I have had in the middle of the night. One time I thought I was going to have to call a rescue squad to pull me out of the toilet.

I kinda fell in.

LOLOL :biglaugh:

It's just girls here too, even the two hamster and fish are female, so we don't have to deal with this stuff but I sure remember it!

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

It looks better with the seat down.

Also have you ever fished a toddler out of the toilet? Put the cover down too if you have one of those running around.

How about finding your toddler sucking on the rim?

Is putting the seat down related to bringing a used dish to the sink and rinsing it off?

Or maybe getting the dirty clothes INTO the laundry basket?

Oh well.... :wave:

So you're saying:

The lid will keep a toddler out of the toilet bowl? It would seem if they're big enough to get in there then they're probably big enough to lift the lid and climb in.

Put down the cover if you've got one of those running around? My covers don't run around.

Toddler sucking on the rim? They'll probably suck on the seat as well then.

Is putting the seat down related to bringing a used dish to the sink and rinsing it off? Or maybe getting the dirty clothes INTO the laundry basket? Why are you talking about my wife's habits here?