GreaseSpot Cafe

Fair Time

OnionEater

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh, I'm glad this thread came up again - it's been nutty here and I almost forgot about this one...

Weather permitting we will be there. If it's really cold or rainy, I can't come because the kids would just be miserable.

Wanna meet at the GAZEBO* around 5PM? :biglaugh:

I'll have a baby in a backpack on my shoulders, and another rug rat in tow...

From the fair's website:

=====================================

*Gazebo

New in 1998, the Gazebo" is located on the West end of the racetrack facing the Green Gate. You'll find barbershop quartets, stiltwalkers, bluegrass bands, the BJ Hickman Magic Show, and even a German marching band waiting to greet fair goers as they enter from the parking lot.

Dang OE...can't go this year....I have a high school reunion down in New York...and it's my mom's 89th birthday....

I AM MAJORLY BUMMED OUT... :(

I thought of going up Thursday night then hanging half the day Friday, but, I don't think I can swing all that driving....

I'll be thinking about you....

Love, Wacky... xoxoxoxo

I will miss you this year. See you next year.

Hi Chaz....when is Fryeburg? Perhaps I'll come up and meet you...I have having carpal tunnel surgery in a week or 2 and don't know when I'll be healed up enough to drive my stick shift...

It would be fun to finally meet you!!!

OE...I am soooo jealous....I am really gonna miss the fair, and you .....I need more goat locks to spin....

:)

WOW!

We had a great day at the fair.

Today I attended a two-hour workshop on living soil systems, a one-hour workshop on using medicinal herbs through fermentation, and a one-hour workshop on over-wintering bees.

They even addressed specifically the process of converting forest-land directly over to crop-lands. [which is an issue that I am dealing with on our property]

Bonnie attended the workshop on composting, foraging and feasting on fungi fearlessly.

What a day!

Lots of bare-foot long-haired hippies.

Home again from another long day at the fair!

I joined a workshop with a State Forester and 30 other wood-lot owners. We walked through a section of forest that is 'low-impact' managed. and we learned a lot. Wild-life habitats, timber production, soil quality, thinning methods, and tax benefits.

Then I attended a workshop on GMO crops and their threat to the environment and public safety.

A workshop of backyard Apple orchards.

and one on mushroom cultivating at home.

I had a very interesting talk with a couple that produce red worms, and they really encouraged me to begin farming worms with our kitchen waste and poultry waste.

I hope that everyone else who was able to attend, also had fun today.

OE - I am so sorry to hear about her DW's health, she will be in our prayers.

We had a lot of fun today, Bonnie went with me and she attended a workshop on preparing and cooking wild mushrooms.

Bonnie had entered some samples of her soaps and knitting and she received some nice ribbons. She also got a lot of notes and comments on her soap, which she was really looking forward to getting.

I attended a workshop today, on growing crops for energy production, which was very informative, and then we both went through a workshop on raising bees. I have done bees a couple times previously but I have had a lot of problems getting them to winter-over well. So I hope to be better prepared now.

We will likely not be able to attend the Fryeburg Fair, as I do need to finish our preparations for winter on our new House.

I do hope everyone has a lot of fun though.

Bless you.

i THINK gALEN IS TALKING ABOUT THE cOMMON gROUND fAIR AND cHAS IS TALKING ABOUT THE fRYBURG fAIR. OOOPS had cap lock on.

I am heading out for the Farmington Fair.

Onioneater -

Wow, Farmington, Maine?

I was just up in that area the early part of last week

(for a funeral unfortunately)

Beautiful area.

Perhaps you've bumped into my brother Steve in the area?

Hope your wife is feeling better.

Danny

Oooh, I'm glad this thread came up again - it's been nutty here and I almost forgot about this one...

Weather permitting we will be there. If it's really cold or rainy, I can't come because the kids would just be miserable.

Wanna meet at the GAZEBO* around 5PM? :biglaugh:

I'll have a baby in a backpack on my shoulders, and another rug rat in tow...

From the fair's website:

=====================================

*Gazebo

New in 1998, the Gazebo" is located on the West end of the racetrack facing the Green Gate. You'll find barbershop quartets, stiltwalkers, bluegrass bands, the BJ Hickman Magic Show, and even a German marching band waiting to greet fair goers as they enter from the parking lot.

I will try to be there, but don't wait too long for me.