GreaseSpot Cafe

I could think of some words for this, but probably shouldn't use them

WhiteDove

People who treat animals poorly should be put in a dirty cage with barely enough for them to fit. They shouldn't be able to stand, and they should sit in their own feces. Maybe they should get dirty water. I dunno. The jury is still trying to determine that one.

Dammit!!!! I love animals, and I HATE when people exploit them for their own gain. Dogs love unconditionally especially when they know they are loved.

There are things we can do to help companion animals that are suffering.

Write your congressmen and senators, both state and national, and demand that companion animals are treated as more than property under the law.

Never buy animals from pet shops.

Donate time and/or money to organizations that rescue, house, and/or educate the public about the horror of homeless companion animals.

Let others know that situations like the one White Dove shared exist, and what they can do to help.

Remember that animals have no voice but ours, and depend on us to help. Even the smallest action you do to help them reduces suffering.

Edited by VeganXTC

Well the good news is the 54 will be happy at their new home they will eat well, and each will get there own flannel blanket to sleep on. They just built a sun room off of the office for the volunteers to eat lunch and take breaks in. and around the edge of the glass walls are beds for the dogs to use. They bring a group each day to socialize them and they can enjoy the outdoors through the glass on bad weather days. Another group gets to go to the picket fence run area where they can play in the grass and trees. They have toys and things for them to do there also.

They have a little golf cart train now that takes them there which they love riding in. All of the dog areas are air conditioned and heated for the dogs. They run the shelter on volunteers from the director down no one gets a check. They also have their own vet clinic on site. They receive no funding from city state or federal because they don't want to kill dogs. It is all run on private donor ship.

If anyone would be interested they have a buddy program where you can help with a dogs care for as little as $10.00 a month until they find a home. You will get a note and photo of your dog. Generally the ones I have done get adopted within six months. They adopt out about 30 - 40 dogs per month.

Be a Buddy

Hearts United for Animals is a national no-kill animal shelter, sanctuary and animal welfare organization dedicated to the relief of suffering. We rescue dogs from all over the country and specialize in long distance adoptions. We take the creatures who are lost, afraid, hungry or ill and comfort them, give them a warm, soft bed, good food, medical care and most of all, love.

HUA is a place of happiness, joy and love. Everything we do is in the best interest of the dogs. There are no cages. The dogs have big fields of grass and trees in which to run. Our primary interest is what will make them happy. HUA is a place to celebrate the joy of life.

Edited by WhiteDove

guess what

i am not a dog lover because working as a telephone repair man for years i got bit too many times!

but any one who chooses to own one {or have them own you} and i can understand that should damn weel take care of them

i don't want one nor do i want a cat or any pet

but the first of each month when my check comes in i bring a big bag of dog and cat food to the local animal shelter who in our small town opperates on a shoe string budget

if you want a pet take care of it!!they are as much maintenace as kids

just my opinion and they deserve good care

Well, ya convinced me, White Dove. There is a local animal shelter here where I live that is in need of bedding, food, donantions. I don't know the name of the place, if they are nationally affiliated with any group or not, but I'm gonna check them out a bit more, and start donating there. If not there, then Hearts United. I like the idea of someplace local if i can.

BUT I WON'T DONATE PORK SAMMICHES!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good job Piggy!!!!!!! :dance:

I went up last weekend to see the new guys and for Lucca to visit. Took lots of toys and treats along the new dogs are all doing well some adjusting better than others some have new homes already. :dance:

They are all so happy for any little thing a toy, a blanket, a pat on the head or a kind word. a lesson for all of us to relearn.