GreaseSpot Cafe

Credit card Bills

mstar1

I never used a credit card all that much but I have a small one man business now that I use my credit card to buy supplies and things for and pay off every month---Im busy and usually only review everything quickly to make sure the purchase and prices are accurate, then pay the sum at the bottom of the page as I have been too lazy to get the calculator and add up pages of numbers that I can barely see and have been assuming that the number is right.

WRONG!

I had been looking at the numbers and they look about right, so hadnt been taking the time to add them all up. Three months ago I started checking and they were regularly off a $20something, 40 or maybe 60 depending on the total--- always in their favor.

This month on a $4100.00 4 page bill full of 15, 30, and 40 dollar items their simple addition totals are off by $480.00.

I'll get it straightened out and eventually leave this company

but Im going to reiterate what most of you probably already know--add em up before you pay them

MBNA is the company, and Yes Belle, once in a great while a vendor will mischarge me--those I can usually see but the Credit Card Company is adding things up wrong, ----not only that but they have such a convoluted way of billing (middle of the month, only itemizing back a certain period, adding in previous un itemized sums, and being off kilter with actual real time) that unless you spend a good chunk of time on it, Its hard to know exactly what is right. They throw me figures and Ive been paying them --but if i really take the time to look at them they dont line up

Ive been more or less trusting them to add it all up right, which probably hasnt been the wisest thing Ive ever done. Im taking tomorrow to sort it all out

Edited by mstar1

Mstar1,

I've never had trouble with MBNA. Could be I'm just lucky. But always check my card charges and totals, and will continue do so (the bookkeeper in me). Will let them (and you) know if I find any discrepancies. So sorry for your troubles. Hope you get them settled soon.

Suda

MStar, we had all kinds of trouble with MBNA when I was married. They seem to consider customer service to be in the stone ages and don't strike me as caring whether or not folks drop them or not. I hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction.

I've used MBNA for years without a problem. Of course, I don't charge much, so there are only a few items every month. And when I've needed to call (wallet stolen), I had no trouble reaching a real person and getting things taken care of. (Now my cable provider, on the other hand...)

George