GreaseSpot Cafe

original Friday the 13th

Dot Matrix

http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa101306a.htm

Friday the Thirteenth: 700 years ago

The day of Friday the Thirteenth, 1307, which began so uneventfully, was the beginning of one of the world's most enduring mysteries, and one of its greatest tragedies. On that morning, Philippe le Bel, the King of France, in collusion with the Pope, gave orders for the arrest of over one hundred knights of the Order of the Temple, on charges of heresy. Over the next seven years, dozens were tortured, tried, and executed. Many more were imprisoned. The Grand Master of the order, Jacques De Molay, was broken and burned at the stake.

The Knights Templar and the original "unlucky day"

There were thirteen people at The Last Supper, Jesus and the twelve apostles. And tradition holds that the crucifixion was on a Friday!

The Olsen twins were born on Friday the 13th!

But there is no need to worry. If you hang your shoes out of your window you will be safe from all bad luck.

I haven't heard that one, Bramble. But I have heard you should wear your dress inside out, meet three sheep (this also works for winning football games), or you can do what I do, climb to the top of a mountain and burn all your socks with holes in them. Maybe I should bring a nutcracker man in my shoes on the mountain top?

My X-mother-in-law a real fruit. Used to turn her shoes upside down so the fairy nimps did not suck on her nipples..

I was like, WWHHAATT?

:blink: Wow.

A complete musical scale has 13 notes.

Ah! So music is unlucky! Now I know why everyone covers their ears when I sing.