GreaseSpot Cafe

one more thing..

motherof2

anyone know anything about whats going on at the "camp gunnison" right now...who is that affiliated with..my uncle teaches there every so often and when i ask them what it is and what they teach..they say "family camp" is this true? trying to figure out if it is a splinter group there..sorry for all the question..im looking for answers!

Family camp?????????????

they don't do those anymore there~!!!! (weird)

It's where they ''train'' the Way Corps. (leadership)

Why is he so elusive?

<_<

do they still do that now? my uncle is well...strange...says satrange things..does the way still own that? i thought it was some sort of a spin-off group...my uncle is some sort of missionary for his cause in hawaii..he and my aunt used to be in greece doing way stuff..my grandfather was friends with vpw..my grandma is very loyal still..they all act so sneaky...well, like i said..i have a lot of questions..starting with whats going on in gunnison now..

I don't know if they are doing family camp again or not. I would think Bliss would know better than I though.

I went to one on 86ish, I think. It was ok. I remember thinking that some of the activities were lame and didn't like the morning workout thing. That and I don't remember it being very "family campish." What I mean is that I stayed in a bunk room with other kids my age, had our own camp councelor type guy, and did a number of activities with them during the day. My parents stayed in another cabin and my older brother had a similar situation as I did. There were family times, but it was hardly what I would consider a family camp today. Today, if I wanted to do a family camp type thing, this would not at all be what I would think of doing. I would think family camp would be something where the whole family did everything together with other families. Not the case with the one at Camp Gunnison.

The place is still there and they train a few way corps there (train future leaders).

Without horses, who wants to go there for ''Family Camp" anyway????

They sold all the horses 3-4 years ago. ((sigh))

Camp Gunnison is beautiful. The horses made it picturesque. Piercing the heart................

That is why it is so deceiving. How a place so lovely can be teaching and practicing such ugliness.

I always liked riding those horsies..........

Yea, no family camps for at least 15 years or so. Typical of TWI nonsense. Tell him you would like to go to one of the family camps, they were for anyone. Watch him turn red. They do train the corps there all four of them. The staff required to maintain the grounds must be 20 or so. Then there's administrative staff. All that for 4 people, go figure? The word on the street is that this is the retirement HQs for Rosalie and her cronies.

Edited by polar bear

The word on the street is that this is the retirement HQs for Rosalie and her cronies.

Or..........a business investment, wherein the skeleton staff and inresident corps (4, 5, 6 ??) maintain the buildings and grounds as the real estate escalates.

It also gives rosalie and the gang a nice hideaway.....with plenty of petty cash for shopping sprees coming and going. After all, how many "leaders" does it take to indoctrinate a few trainees?

:rolleyes:

hmmm...my aunt and uncle went there for a week and my 21 and 23 yr old cousin were supposeed to go..but my aunt and uncle did in fact go..they invited us to meet them there oddly enough. its like i cant igure out what it is and they would not tell me anything..my other aunt didnt even want to tell me what group they were a part of..someone else told me it might me christian family fellowship..who knows..