GreaseSpot Cafe

Fiesta Bowl 2007

Rocky

With all the respect due to the opponent (Oklahoma -- to which certain GSC folks are loyal) which played a very good game too,

How about that Boise State! :eusa_clap:

Anyone see the game? Final score 42-41 I believe... :confused: :blink:

I watched bits of it... and will look to tivo when it's replayed on ESPN (Classic) as an Instant Classic.

Talk about ballsy -- a first year head coach and a big bunch of underdogs who refused to lose. :dance:

Watched the whole game... the only one I saw all day as I was tuned in to the "Twilight Zone" all day...

It was an Amazingly entertaining game... and Boise finishes up with a "hook and lateral" and gets the two pointer on a "statue of liberty"???

great imagination and awesome execution... I still don't think they'd beat OSU (I don't think anyone will) but it was a great game!

I watched the entire game after I watched USC trounce Michigan in the Rose Bowl (there's just some things one MUST do on New Year's Day), so was already in football mode.

I hadn't really intended to watch the whole thing (flipping back and forth during commercials to the Twilight Zone like my Strange friend) - - but it was such a great game in the 2nd half, that I had to stay until the exciting finish - - WOWZA!!!!

I expected Nika to chime in to root on Oklahoma, but she was MIA last night.

Fantastic game, well fought by both teams.

J.

How about that kid that proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend while on nationwide tv right after that unbelievable ending to the game! Pretty clever... and hopefully he's got someone that tivo'd it...

WOWZA's right!

:jump:

I think OSU/Florida will be close, like our Michigan game was close. I was shocked at the ease with which USC took down the Wolverines, though. Kinda glad we didn't play them this year!

Troy Smith has a cornucopia of receivers to pick from, all with strong hearts and fast legs. It's gonna be awesome if the Buckeyes take it all home!

I probably won't watch, though....too jittery!

WG

Boise fans here all the way! We have season tickets for the home games but did not make it to the desert. Watched it from the living room, but screamed just as though we were at the blue turf. 'bout time we got some respect! Loved Coach Pete's 2-point call at the end ... actually, I guess it was the team's call and he said "ok."

Happy!

Well, as I figured, this 2007 Fiesta Bowl game has become an Instant Classic. However, instead of airing on ESPN Classic, I got it tonight (and tivo'd it) on Fox Sports Net AZ. So, if you want to check it out, look for the FSN regional channel available in your area.

AWESOME game! When they showed the very first Boise State head coach, who began their football program in 1946, and is now 90 years old, watching from his box right before the game began, I knew that was bad juju for my Sooners! It's just really hard to feel bad about this game. Those kids played their hearts out, and the gutsy play at the end was classic. I hope that someone makes a movie out of it.

Mr.niKa took his Dad up to Phoenix for the game; I stayed back with Grandma and the niKakids, and watched it on television. Grandma and I both had sore throats by the end. No matter how much I know they can't hear me ("Get him! Run! RUN!!"), I still exhort the boys in crimson and cream.

Next year, another season.

:dance:

Just watched it again on "previously aired" Fox Sports. Even knowing the outcome, we were still yelling and screaming "get 'em, get 'em!" We have our razzle dazzle poster where they diagrammed the trick plays - so we were shouting them out ... the "Circus" at 4th and 18, the "throwback," the "Parretta" play, and the "Statue" at the 2-point conversion. 22 total points scored in 86 seconds of regulation, and then 15 more in overtime! It was like schoolyard football and we LOVED it!

Boise is still all a buzz. The rest of college football world has moved on to the national championship game, but nothing will match this for us.

Still Happy!