GreaseSpot Cafe

I'd rather SEE a sermon

skyrider

Bump

you have talked alot about why people are here on gs and their reasons for going on about the past

my question for you ...

why are you here on gs?

If you read some of my posts you might find some answers? I had my own little "history" with twi and ces in the mid '70's, '80's in the US and Europe. I found this site on a google search about 10 days ago. Since then, I have had some deja vu and tried to thread that with what I hear on the gs site. I hope that helps...I'm not a SPY from somewhere if that is what you might be thinking. On that you will have to take my word.

Have you ever been to Africa? I can tell you some interesting stories, but you have to be nice!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should get out more, it's healthy. Europe is a great place, spring time in Scandinavia or Berlin. I leave here before the rainy season begins in July/August. Too many snakes, scorpions, appear out of nowhere especially in the south near Guinea Bissau.

I love the Great Rift Valley in the rainy season...'tis beautiful in green & flowers, though it makes a Maasai hut a bit too rich for me as they're plastered with cow crap. You made me think of a night when we had a gathering with a Maasai village and somebody fired up a generator to power one bare bulb. In no time that place was crawling with things I didn't know exist...really freaky stuff...along with the biggest, blackest, shinest scorpions I've ever seen. I had to resist the urge to scream like a banshee and bolt out into the darkness. But then I rememebered that outside is where they 'keep' the lions & hyenas.

OK, here's a little strory from Mpumalanga near Krueger. Your lying on your "bed" reading, you hear something hit the floor, you look down near where you were resting and it's a rat, but it's not moving? Strange (sorry), that doesn't make any sense so your next survival sense says look up...Yikes, 6 feet away on the wooden beam over your head rests a black mamba. And he doesn't look happy! What do you do...call the bless patrol?

You get used to no running water and electricity, morning flushes are nice when they happen. I have the last land line telephone in the village.

why do you live there bump ?

Adventure, nature everyday's different. I have birds out my door in AMAZING colors. There's always someone you can help, if you want to. There's a lot of artistic and musical talent here. One artist whose name sounds like u sin door has been touring in the usa. If you have a chance listen to some Senegalese music, it's pretty good.

Africa is like a movie that's always changing, nothing stays the same, sort of like one of those kaleidescopes you looked at as a child.

Other than the above, and the WEATHER & FOOD & cost of living!, there is not another sane reason I can think of to be here!

I've shared more than once on GS when this question came up, about the time VPW ministered to me after I'd totaled my car on the way to ROA '72 and I got healed, and about the time he ministered to my son, who was instantaneously healed of a chronic illness he'd been plagued with since infancy, which by the way never returned after that day.

My firsthand accounts were brushed aside because they didn't corroborate the "twi and VP were all evil all the time" mindset that predominates here.

Of course when I told about those incidents, I included the usual disclaimers about "this doesn't excuse the wrong VP did" and blah blah blah. Nevertheless, some here still peg me as a "VPW apologist," which I'm not. Whatever.

Contrary to what was taught in twi and what many here apparently believe, life isn't all black and white.

Linda Z ,

God Bless You and Thank You for Sharing Your Heart! I agree with You and sadly have been treated similarly! I am a 1973 PFAL grad & an Advanced Class of 1981 & I am very thankful for all the word I was taught and all the Love and signs wonders and miracles I saw & I believe God does require believing! We went to the ROA's from Milwaukee on 1 tank of gas in abeater car, a pitence of money, no tent & We all had The Best Times of our lives...Believers Blessed Us so royaly! I will never forget their love...We were fresh out of PFAL & no matter what wanted to be at the ROA.

I Have a 30 year old son (also a PFal grad) he has a rare chromesome deletion. Limited fine gross motor & Speech processing (diagnosed at age 19). Further when he was born his tubes from the kidney to the bladder were not attached and he was not able to breathe on His own. When 4 months later he was able to Breathe on his own....they did his kidney surgery. One kidney was not repairable and removed . The Surgeon came out and told me that he could not repair the other one either. "What did I want Him to do???" (after all he, my son had multiple problems..............where was his value was the tone of his conversation with me.) Well I knew that at the very least all the Body of Believer in Milwaukee were SITing for Him & Me (and I was very new and unsure I could believe alone) Ahhhhhhhh but I was very certain beyond any doubt that they all were the Creme-de-la-creme of Believers. They walked in Great Love and Light in my eyes & heart. I told the Surgeon to go back and finish as I knew that what ever he did God would find him away; & of Course He did!

Hurtful things have happened to Us throughout our time TWI. About 10 years ago we were asked to leave as I for one confronted a situation with a believe and was deemed wrong this is the primary reason we we asked to leave. Secondarily, My Walk was not considered valuable enough; as I was not always as active as prescribed; having been asked many times to consider putting Joshua in an institution or some other ??? similar place....so that I could build my walk with GOD; strong enough and solid enough to believe for Joshua's total Restoration. It was suggested that the Corp Training would help. Incidently I am sure they would have booted me out of the Corp too! Well I admitted my fears and also let them know that I could not leave my Son to anyone elses Believing. So We Left quietly and I was so very broken hearted. I longed to be with other believers...but I wasn't going to lay aside all I had ever wanted to know about GOD and abandon Him either...not only because I believe he has never abandoned Us but that He would make a way! We have been studying and still receiving tapes and magazines.... as I guess they never "Marked and avoided Us""???. This last month I have read so very many posts on this site and many others as well as "The Passing of a Patriach" Strange as it may seem, I knew about VPW's & LCM's events but very incompletely. I wasn't even aware that Mrs. Wierwille passed; The way that happened again breaks my heart (It's Great to know the healer of broken heart right now ...more than ever. Basically most everything else that has happened at TWI I was unaware of. I am so very sorry that so very many Believers were hurt and so profoundly and I do hope that they had been able to heal more & more & to perhaps case by case forgive somethings and perhaps remember the Gifts from GOD. I Guess I never can forget how great it is to know what All that God has forgiven me for and he remembers it no more. GOD has done so much for Us. I only Hope that I can do more & more for Him. Nobody sees a heart or loves like God. God will Weigh & Judge All Things. So if anyone feels I am wrong; or if I am ...I'm not too worried. I have more Good than I ever hoped for! Although it would surely bless me if some of You can see my heart!

I adopted a daughter online She was in a chatroom threatening to kill herself. I taught her about God and His Love. She is here now with us and studying with us. Hey I have never thought anyone directed me but God...I might have got kicked around a little..but GOD will always help me land upright.

Thanks again for Your Heart Linda...It refreshes Me! (RainbowsGirl)

Hi,RG!

Welcome to the Cafe.

----------------- :wave: --------------

:wave: Thank You for welcoming me to "The Cafe" and I hope You don't mind that I added You to my friends list. I have added based on how thankful I am that You shared in the way that you did and I learned from you.I am not altogether sure how things work here. It probably already shows that everthing I know was "trial and lot's of error" I am a "Geek Wanna be"! Thanks again!

:wave:

Hi,RG!

Welcome to the Cafe.

----------------- :wave: --------------

:wave: Thank You for Welcoming Me too!

I enjoy your heart and wisedom; it show how you think things through;

I kind of wish I could edit what I wrote in my 1st post as I have read more and learned; ....and this being such a changing time for me. Only Yesterday, I thought that under VPW's reign of TWI that there was little to none of the corruptions found under LCM's reign and that under RR's reign I though everthing was being corrected.

In January of 2007 DVD's are available from TWI as well as Tapes. I was watching it in the light of the lack of disclosures I have discovered recently. Things really seemed to stand out more truly as they really are. The excitement and heart in their eyes is now just a flick. I hate to put it this way but many of the teachings and styles of teaching have become weaker and weaker, repetious, lacking in heart and substance. It particularily stood out when the next teacher (visiting from a foreign Country Fr. Black Man).. in a series of two teachings taught with Great love confidence and heart . I was so blessed I hadn't realize what I had really really missed missed!

Would You know if it is at all possible to find the older 1970's WP's music anywhere? Espesially: "Joyful Noice", "Pressdown", and The Childrens one: "The W.O.R.D". The Music has always been so healing for Joshua and Me! ???? (Anyone Please let me know!)

Thanks have a Great Day! Everyone have a Super Great Day!

Rainbow, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear the loss you have been through with TWI, I truly admire the stand you took with your son, many people would not have.

There are many of us here who still love God, but have "moved on" from TWI or its materials. The further away I've been and the more study of the Word and great Christian writers, I realize TWI did not teach us the basics of Christian theology and thought. There is much to learn.

God will put thoughts, questions and things on your heart to learn about, follow where they lead.

I think God is preparing you to move ahead, as you're starting to be a bit "bored" by TWI - maybe time for more than milk?

Rainbow, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear the loss you have been through with TWI, I truly admire the stand you took with your son, many people would not have.

There are many of us here who still love God, but have "moved on" from TWI or its materials. The further away I've been and the more study of the Word and great Christian writers, I realize TWI did not teach us the basics of Christian theology and thought. There is much to learn.

God will put thoughts, questions and things on your heart to learn about, follow where they lead.

I think God is preparing you to move ahead, as you're starting to be a bit "bored" by TWI - maybe time for more than milk?

Thank You Sunesis,

That is sound and wise advise and a very loofty goal for me. It appears to me that I have a lot of catching up to do to even come close to what you and so many other diligent Gr's know. I'll give it my best!

Thanks for You example, RainbowsGirl :)

the thread is long so if I repeat something that was already said forgive me but reading the entire thread would take me a long time.

There were men and women in the Way that would allow their lives to show although they were few. Vince's name came up. I was involved with him from the time I was a young girl and never felt that I couldn't approach him. He even listened to my logic in areas and allowed me to think for myself that was rare as other leaders would push their opinions on me and I would just follow like a sheep going to the slaughter.

Another awesome example of the word that one cannot forget was Donny, god rest his soul. No one could get answers to prayers like that man and time and time again when I would pray with Donny the prayer was answered and it was answered quickly. He was definitely a sermon in himself.