• Colts
    • Colts by less than spread (7?)
    • singer messes up on national anthem
  2. 2. Manning is the best QB ever

• yes he is
    • no he is not
    • not sure, but he has a nice but

Yeah, I heard it too.

If God did make the colts champs, I wish he would quit wasting his time on meaningless football games and do something worthwhile -- like clearing out the children's hospitals or something like that.

Do these football players / owners really believe some God gives a crap who wins a super bowl game?

Maybe you could ask them instead of me.

I'm not qualified to answer for their statements.

Personally -- I've won a few fiddle contests,

and never "gave God the glory",

when I was presented with my trophy.

And yes -- I hear you loud and clear ----

I'd also rather have God dealing with hospitals,

and NOT the football field.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the coach "gave God the glory". ..... And your point is?

Greasytech makes a good and valid point. And such a valid point would then mean that the idea that God stepped in and 'assisted' the Colts in winning the game would be a rather cheap representation of Him, wouldn't you say?

Ie., the Colts won that game all by themselves, due to their persistancy and hard work at winning the game, (well, that, and the continuous screwups by the Bears :biglaugh: ) ... despite whatever social custom of religious praise to God that the coach gave.

And that's all it really is anyway, ... a social custom. And nothing more than that.

I had to go in to work today to help out so the project would get finished in time for everyone to get home to watch the game. That was a waste of time. We waited 20 years for this ? What the heck was wrong with the Bears QB ? The Bears got off to a great start then fell apart. I am so disappointed !

All in all, given the substantial rain throughout the game, I'd say it wasn't as bad a game as many Super Bowl's have been.

I don't know if anyone else heard this, but as the were going to a commercial, around the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th quarter Jim Nantz made an apparently insane and (I think) definitely wrong claim -- that no team (in a Super Bowl) had ever gone on to win after trailing by 12 points, as the Bears were at the time.

I didn't look it up (yet), but I have a vague recollection of the Redskins' Doug Williams coming from (farther) behind the year Williams threw 5 TD passes in the game...

Of course, it's possible my memory was TOO vague, and therefore, I may be incorrect. Anyone know?

Ok, I did some research. It seems my memory WAS indeed too hazy. :o

In 1988, Williams threw 4TD passes and the Redskins came from a 10-0 deficit in the 1st quarter to win 42-10.

So, it seems Nance was probably correct.

So... never mind my previous post.