GreaseSpot Cafe

Anna Nicole Smith DEAD

Dot Matrix

i'm sad. i was so sad when her son died

people at work are speculating..... howard k. stern (is it ?) being involved with giving danny drugs and keeping anna close....

what will happen with finding out about the little baby girl's father now ?

and who is going to take care of her ?

39 years old, sad

Despite her trashy clothes, her crazy lifestyle, her horrendous grammar, and my strong suspicion that she only married the old guy for his money, I always felt sorry for Anna Nicole. There was something underneath her outrageousness that seemed so loving and vulnerable. I'm sad, too.

I suspect that her little baby girl is going to be like a big bag of gold for somebody--whoever passes the DNA Daddy test will get the big prize. Don't know who will raise her, but I guess we could hope it will be in a more stable environment than she probably would have had with her mom.

her life is compared to that of marilyn monroe, and this is just another common thing a odd early death in a motel room.

i wonder if we will speculate and keep her ghost alive like poor poor monroe.

ok I will say it this is how i feel smith was no super star! I do not think they can or should be compared.

her teeth and gums were to big.

yes indeed her poor baby, who is the daddy and the millions and millions from a mom who never had a clue.

to me, anna nicole and marilyn are similar..... girls from little towns.... who died too young....

and both were pop culture icons... doesn't change the tragedy.

I'm sad, but not as sad as when someone closer to me has died... I was much more sad when we heard about LG.

Quite sad news. So young, and with a baby girl who'll never get to know her Mom. Lots of people looked down on Anna Nicole Smith because she'd been a stripper, and because they felt that she married for money. Heck, lots of single moms have had to do worse than that to support their children. She used the tools that she had. She was reportedly broken-hearted over the death of her son - who wouldn't be?

God rest her soul, and her son's.

Despite her trashy clothes, her crazy lifestyle, her horrendous grammar, and my strong suspicion that she only married the old guy for his money, I always felt sorry for Anna Nicole. There was something underneath her outrageousness that seemed so loving and vulnerable. I'm sad, too.

I suspect that her little baby girl is going to be like a big bag of gold for somebody--whoever passes the DNA Daddy test will get the big prize. Don't know who will raise her, but I guess we could hope it will be in a more stable environment than she probably would have had with her mom.

I agree and I do wonder now if not suicide, or an accident then homicide? -- for the big prize. If all that money from the old man does get awarded to her, it will go to the daughter won't it?

I agree and I do wonder now if not suicide, or an accident then homicide? -- for the big prize. If all that money from the old man does get awarded to her, it will go to the daughter won't it?

I couldn't imagine how she would have gotten out of bed each day since her son died without the baby. I thanked God she had that daughter. I pray this wasn't a suicide. Whichever, it's so very, very sad.

Rest in peace, Anna.

My prayers are with her daughter.

Dot - Yes, I would imagine Anna's money goes with the baby daughter. Reminds me of the Onassis heir.

This is just so sad.

Edited by bowtwi

if you being a non-celeb were to pass away

would the press cover "your" passing?

each soul is a special thing

your soul is worthy of news coverage

but only if you are news-worthy

in the end, she leaves behind an infant

wether through selfish thought

or a distressed heart

and her infant is the important part

of this sordid twist

Quite sad news. So young, and with a baby girl who'll never get to know her Mom. Lots of people looked down on Anna Nicole Smith because she'd been a stripper, and because they felt that she married for money. Heck, lots of single moms have had to do worse than that to support their children. She used the tools that she had. She was reportedly broken-hearted over the death of her son - who wouldn't be?

God rest her soul, and her son's.

Indeed, who wouldn't be?

btw, I heard on the TV news that the coroner will release autopsy results quickly, IF her death was from natural causes.

I always have mixed feelings on this kind of news story. Why is it that Anna Nicole Smith's life and death warrant a news story with national coverage and speculation ad nauseaum; but so many more important people get passed by.

I know. I know, the Hollywood thing...still it seems so wrong, so vouyeuristic.

Ultimately, Hollywood promotes itself to keep the dollars coming in.

Sheeeeeeeeesh now I sound like a curmudgeon!

I always have mixed feelings on this kind of news story. Why is it that Anna Nicole Smith's life and death warrant a news story with national coverage and speculation ad nauseaum; but so many more important people get passed by.

Dooj,

I agree with you on the concern for the voyeuristic nature of this kind of news... but it doesn't come from Hollywood, per se.

This is a by-product of a news culture with its priorities totally screwed up. The cause of the news culture problem? Probably due to inordinate emphasis on the need to turn a profit. That skews news judgement and important news, that which explains what is really going on in the Halls of Power (figure of speech), is trivialized by diminished coverage, just as voyeuristic coverage of Smith's death AND Lisa Nowak's meltdown (which has both legitimate and voyeuristic aspects to it) are trivialized by virtue of the coverage being elevated above things that should be covered or covered better.

I heard someone once say:

America has no royalty, so our celebrities are our royalty.

I agree. We're always facinated by the rich and fameous, no matter how tragic.

Years ago I read the book Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television.

It lays out pretty clearly that all television is designed to sell product. We get to watch certain shows according to what company is willing to advertise during that show.

I dunno - seems that Hollywood is just one more drop in this bucket.

That said, ANS's death is a trajedy to her child and her family, and I'm not one to downplay that - but perhaps there is another way to play this game......

Edited by doojable

Years ago I read the book Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television.

It lays out pretty clearly that all television is designed to sell product. We get to watch certain shows according to what company is willing to advertise during that show.

I dunno - seems that Hollywood is just one more drop in this bucket.

That said, ANS's death is a trajedy to her child and her family, and I'm one downplay that - but perhaps there is another way to play this game......

:offtopic:

That's an excellent book!

Getting rid of the TV is one of my favorite rants but Hubby would never do it. I have taught him how to eliminate it more by replacing it with other pastimes, like playing music, reading, and raising two boys. I love radio - probably why I dig iPods so much - but TV just lacks good content for the most part. I do watch History Channel and PBS, with my guilty pleasure being American Idol, but I could give it all up tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it.

That book not only gets into the marketing aspect of TV, but the effects TV has on your brain, body and thinking. It's a great read!