GreaseSpot Cafe

did you ever hear wierwille apologize for anything ?

excathedra

Shortfuse, I remember that letter. Early '80s maybe? He had a letter he used to write to all the corps every few months. In one of them, he talked about, how, if I have ever hurt any one of you I am truly sorry, and on and on, how much he loved his corps, etc. It struck me as very strange, since, as we all knew in the corps, VP never apologized to anyone for anything.

That is the only time I ever remember any kind of apology from him. Too bad, since I never bought it. I figured their was some strange reason behind this, and realized he'd be yelling and being a prick to us corps again soon enough, like he always was.

:offtopic:

I remember when being a Way D, occasionally, we'd knock on someone's door who'd already been involved with twi in the past. And some of them would say something about what happened to them and we'd feel bad for them. One of us brought this up to the LC's wife and she made it clear, "We make no apologies for our ministry!"

Edited by DooWap

nice one, E

in light of the subject...i thought you guys might appreciate this: The Four Things that Matter Most by Ira Byock (an actual Doctor)

"Please forgive me," "I forgive you," "Thank you," and "I love you."

The Four Things are everyday guides for doing the right thing, for reconciling the rifts that divide people, and for cutting through old history—because you just never know. Powerful real-life stories culled from Dr. Byock’s and other counselors’ patients who used the Four Things in all sorts of life situations show the possibility of interpersonal healing and wholeness, even in the wake of tragedy or the face of death. From a granddaughter’s last days with her ailing grandmother to a teenage girl’s first hour with her estranged father, these stories are “Every Day with Morrie”, enabling readers to imagine how they can use the Four Things in their own lives.

These eleven words can improve all relationships—at any time. Using the Four Things, Dr. Byock also reclaims the traditional meaning of “good-bye” as “God be with you”—a blessing that we all can use, whether parting from someone for an hour, a day, or at the end of a lifetime.

funny too, cuz after having met and learned from Dr Byock (very nice guy from New Jersey, btw), as part of my studies i have created a 6-month practicum assignment that literally involves practicing finding ways to "say the 4 things" in whatever ways i can find

i am calling it an experiment in basic training for being an a$$ (A Simple Spirituality...if you will :who_me:) .... a kind of spirituality, perhaps, that VP and ilk should have spent more time considering

so..sorry for the derail

thanks for the thread

love you guys...miss you

+ODD