GreaseSpot Cafe

Speaking of gas...

Linda Z

Lately I've seen a lot of gas stations changing their names to brands I've never heard of: Valero, ExxBo (or Exx30....sign is so stylized I can't tell which it is), Star (the symbol, not the word) Express., Pilot, etc.

Anyone know what's up with that?

It's just the nature of the business. Everyone is buying and selling everyone else and making big profits, so often things end up changing.

I work in the natural gas industry, and it's a mess. I've been there about two years now, and already we're completely mixed up. The building has the name of one company on it, our email address has a different company, and my paycheck has another company's name on it. All the results of mergers and acquisitions.

Groucho,

You are <B>*SO*</B> gross. I could have expected no less from you.

<center>sudo (ticked that he didn't get to post about flatulence FIRST)</center>

Ffffffffft! ( :blink: )

btw, P-Mosh is correct... mergers and acquisitions. :)

Sudo... if Groucho asks you to pull his finger.... well, nevermind! :biglaugh:

Lately I've seen a lot of gas stations changing their names to brands I've never heard of: Valero, ExxBo (or Exx30....sign is so stylized I can't tell which it is), Star (the symbol, not the word) Express., Pilot, etc.

Anyone know what's up with that?

Sounds like local companies to me. We've got Mobil, Shell and BP stations around here, but also Kwik Shop, Gas N Shop, Caseys, U-Stop which are basically convenience store companies.

When I was a teenager I worked at a Getty station, but we got gas on the sly from other companies.