GreaseSpot Cafe

Mass Murders at VA Tech

markomalley

Mine was both, thanking God for the spared and thank God as an exclamation. ....

Kathy, Rocky, and anyone else affected by my comment. I understand, I truly do, about it as an exclamation. I guess it was for me a moment of deja vu over Columbine, where people I know whose child was not so fortunate, were offended by similiar comments. Like you, those comments of course were not meant to offend, but in fact they did. I made my point pretty much out of raw emotion over what I have seen, and I tried to explain that.

LikeanEagle- please know I hurt for you and yours also, even though your nephew was fortunate. I also know the emotions of those moments of uncertainty, and they also are very harsh times to families like yours. In no way do I fault anyone for their exclamations of joy after those hours of concern. Knowing people from the Columbine community, I expect there will be offers from them to assist in helping the VA Tech community deal with the aftermath. It is their "mission" and they do it well.

~HAP

Remember how we were taught in twi that countries that worship a god that is not the true God will never have peace and prosperity and they will continue to have famine and devastation upon all their people. Well I don't think that is fully accurate but I have begun to wonder on my own if nations that continue to have things come upon them inside their countries and from outside sources aren't doing something very fundamentally wrong.

outside sources? BS.

This kid has been here since 3rd grade, was 23 when he committed this deed, and was an English major. Being Korean has nothing to do with it AT ALL. My brother and his Korean wife, and my two nephews live in Centreville where his parents live. they did not know of him, (different high schools) but of my half Korean nephews, one is going to Rochester Institute of Technology, and the other has been accepted at Duke and Colgate, hardly entry level schools. They have been strongly encouraged by their Korean mother, not my white brother to be diligent in their studies.

Don't you even begin to think that this kid's birthplace or religion had one iota to do with this tragic event. It cannot be laid there. I just got off the phone with my sisrter-in-law, and it has been a hard day on the Korean community there, as they go about their business of raising kids, do9ing jobs, paying their taxes and trying to work hard for their loved, adopted, and legal country. The things cast her way today were just plain ugly, and I have no patience for them.

~HAP

Hap,

My post has nothing to do with this man that mass murdered at VA Tech. I was talking about other countries that continue to have hardships due to THEIR beliefs in THEIR countries.

So I'm not going to address your post to me since you were not responding to what I was talking about AT ALL.

Well I will respond to outside sources since you have no idea what I was saying.

Outside sources means Iraq as an example. We would be the outside sources coming upon them.

edited due to poor grammar

Edited by ChattyKathy

Ok then, I could have had NO idea that you were talking of Iraq. How did you come up with a way to bring up Iraq in THIS thread? This thread was totally about prayers for the victims and all the families at VA Tech, which further precipitated my anger at your post, thinking you were bringing the Korean crap from the other thread to this one.

Anyway, lets keep this thread on care and concern for those affected, such as LikeAnEagle's family and all the others, 'K?

~HAP

Yeah Hap, we wouldn't want me to keep things on track in threads and never bring in other aspects in a form of derailment because I would be setting a new precedent and we certainly can't allow that can we.

Sorry thread starter because I just happened to have a thought and added it here but I reckon it confused some.

:doh:

Hap,

I am under a great deal of personal pressure and should not react rather than thoughtfully acting. I apologize for my slam posted in reply to you earlier. You know my anger towards our nation being the brass boob of the world which includes giving ourselves away and all this ties to why do people want to leave their country in the first place and then want to change us into the country they just left.

Kathy

Thank You God for comforting and healing the hearts of the suffering in Virginia and throughout this great land of liberty.

Ever keep us before your face; and in the palm of your loving hand.

Continue to bear your mighty arm against our ever present enemies.

Strengthen our resolve to stand together as one nation under You.

Teach us always what we need to know; so that we may always walk with You our Dear Father as your shining brilliant lights, illuminating Your light of love upon all of this earth. Keep us always from all blinding darknesses and empty spaces.

Help us when we are weary and mournful, Hold our hands when we stumble, and wipe the tears from our eyes when we cry. Hold us in your loving arms, and keep your impenatratible hedge about us.

Thank you for being so loving, kind, and stedfast to us and knowing our hearts and in all ways speaking your wisdom love and grace to our hearts. You are my one and only real soft place to fall. I Love You Dad!

Though an army may encamp against me,

My heart shall not fear;

Though war may rise against me,

In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the Lord

All the days of my life,

To behold the beauty of the Lord,

And to inquire in His temple

For in the time of trouble

He shall hide me in His pavilion;

In the secret place of His tabernacle

He shall hide me;

He shall set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 27:3,4,5

These are words which gave me comfort while grieving for the unspeakable evil which killed so many of the best and brightest, young and old at Virginia Tech. May God grant comfort and peace to those more immediately connected to the tragedy and to a grieving nation and protection from future harm.