GreaseSpot Cafe

Ten missing years on my resume

egilkent

Greetings and Salutations!

I wish to to thank you all at Gresespot for providing this forum. As so many before me, I felt alienated, as though I alone had escaped...

The following are questions I was actually asked at one time or another in job interview settings. The last is perhaps the most poignant:

"I see you have lived in IA, WA, MS, LA and now NM. Were you on some kind of 60's roadtrip?"

-No but I always wanted to travel and see as much of the country as I could...

"You have a great variety of previous experience. Can you tell me why you think working as a chimney sweep would make you qualified for a management position?"

-Did I tell you I also clean windows.?

"We are unable to establish a credit history for you."

-Oh. I have paid cash for everything for the last 6 years...

"We would like to offer you a job, but frankly your references did not check out."

-Oh. I think they are all in Ohio, but will be back by the first of September...

"I see you went to college at *** in the 70's. And I can't help but notice there is a 10 year gap on your resume. Were you in som e kind of trouble?"

-Out of the mouths of babes....

Again, thank all of you so much. Many tears of laughter and release have been shed here as a result of the communications concerned.

Perhaps will post more!

One of the almost 4,000

egilkent

• Upvote 1

OMG---

I have a friend who was in the Corp..he built a resume that included everything he did while he was in the Way- His resume was pages long, he actualy used a report binder..

HR called him in just because of his managerial responibilities, time management, and because they were so curious. He went from working in a mail room to a HR trainer.

Go for it!!!!

I dont think he used the name the way.....I wouldnt..I would come up with a different name,some how.

OMG---

I have a friend who was in the Corp..he built a resume that included everything he did while he was in the Way- His resume was pages long, he actualy used a report binder..

HR called him in just because of his managerial responibilities, time management, and because they were so curious. He went from working in a mail room to a HR trainer.

Go for it!!!!

I dont think he used the name the way.....I wouldnt..I would come up with a different name,some how.

Thanks for the reply! It is odd that I gained so very much experience in those 10 years. So much so that I was qualified to work in management (for 10 + years), and was actually al lisenced cfoster care parent.

Welcome to the Cafe! Nice to have you here. Enjoy your first snack, compliments of me. Hope you like Irish Coffee and Eggs Benedict.

050925_irish_coffee_cappucino.jpg

eggs_benedict.jpg

Suda

Edited by Suda

Welcome to the Cafe! Nice to have you here. Enjoy your first snack, compliments of me. Hope you like Irish Coffee and Eggs Benedict.

050925_irish_coffee_cappucino.jpg

eggs_benedict.jpg

Suda

Thanks Suda! I prefer the coffee and Eggs Benedict to the 101 ways to eat humble pie (and serve it to others)....

Welcome to GSC Egilkent,

You have a refreshing sense of humor and wit! I am sure you'll enjoy it here. Although there are agendas here, they not forced on you! Everyone here is loving, helpful and respectful!

Welcome to GSC Egilkent,

You have a refreshing sense of humor and wit! I am sure you'll enjoy it here. Although there are agendas here, they not forced on you! Everyone here is loving, helpful and respectful!

I still believe in rainbows,

Since I see them everyday'

Can you you, tell me, dear sweet sister...

Where's the Spanish class today?

I took the class in spanish,

and in english, just as well

because my resume was weak...

they sent staight to hell.

Because I was un-learned,

In a canyon filled with lies.

I took the the pill so bitter.

so that many could survive.

Some day I 'll stand there with you,

with a bucket filled with tears...

And all will be there laughing

Questioning the years...

Love only-

egilkent

Questioning the years...

Love only-

egilkent

Indeed! One can only use them, all the experience and experiences, good and bad to make your life better.

Welcome to the spot! Where we hang up the nametags and interact as a family should.

love ya bro!

Where's the Spanish class today

RainbowsGirl says:

"Spanish Class hmm ahhh, well, I think :thinking: that it is down the hall to the left or "no lo con nozosco"????? 3 years of Spanish and this is what I think I remember...sad isn't :unsure: . Hey and You are worried about your resume! :doh::confused:"

Questioning the year.

RainbowsGirl says:

"We will have a great time!!!!!!!!! :jump::dance::dance::knuddel::beer::drink: whoops ???? maybe not this one! Love You Egilkent. RG"

Love only-

egilkent

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Where's the Spanish class today?

Questioning the years...

Love only-

egilkent

Wow, what a great poem! Did you write it? What a great talent! You should write!

I'm sure that God will restore the years that were lost. Let Him take care of you! It's been 20 years since I left TWI and God has been so good and faithful to restore everything was lost in those 13 years and much more.

Wow, what a great poem! Did you write it? What a great talent! You should write!

I'm sure that God will restore the years that were lost. Let Him take care of you! It's been 20 years since I left TWI and God has been so good and faithful to restore everything was lost in those 13 years and much more.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I can honestly say that my life is better, and I am a wealthier soul because of all the experiences gained in those "lost" years.

Just tell 'em you were in the Witness Protection Program and can't give any further information.... :wink2:

I have always been tempted to wear a black suit and sunglasses and say "I was on a mission from God."

thanks- Egil

nice post

welcome to the cafe

Thanks chef- Will wrrite a new post next week-

Egil

Greetings and Salutations!

I wish to to thank you all at Gresespot for providing this forum. As so many before me, I felt alienated, as though I alone had escaped...

The following are questions I was actually asked at one time or another in job interview settings. The last is perhaps the most poignant:

"I see you have lived in IA, WA, MS, LA and now NM. Were you on some kind of 60's roadtrip?"

-No but I always wanted to travel and see as much of the country as I could...

"You have a great variety of previous experience. Can you tell me why you think working as a chimney sweep would make you qualified for a management position?"

-Did I tell you I also clean windows.?

"We are unable to establish a credit history for you."

-Oh. I have paid cash for everything for the last 6 years...

"We would like to offer you a job, but frankly your references did not check out."

-Oh. I think they are all in Ohio, but will be back by the first of September...

"I see you went to college at *** in the 70's. And I can't help but notice there is a 10 year gap on your resume. Were you in some kind of trouble?"

-Out of the mouths of babes....

Again, thank all of you so much. Many tears of laughter and release have been shed here as a result of the communications concerned.

Perhaps will post more!

One of the almost 4,000

egilkent

:eusa_clap::biglaugh:

How ya doing?? Welcome to GSC. :wave:

• 2 years later...

Thank you!!!

Thank you for making me laugh when I usually do just the opposite at the mention of TWI

Your sense of humor is awesome.

Your references didn't check out . . . because they were in Ohio, but should be back around the first of September.

TOOOOOOOO FUNNY

Still laughing,

Morey