GreaseSpot Cafe

Is this an interesting video?

Bumpy

I try to share a little of my life with you people at GS, but it really doesn’t go down so easily, esp. with the mods. I sit in the poverty of Islamic West Africa with the “fates” always awaiting to eat me on the roads, but especially at border crossings.

The Gambia, Mauritania, Mali, and Morocco come up next with renewed Islamic problems, most recently in Casablanca. One false move and you have a problem. There is no rule of law as you know it. You live by chance, the payoff and you hope you can get to the next point. Within the next 7 weeks I want to be in Kiruna in Sweden and a two day trek to Kebnekaise...all by 4x4 through the Western Sahara! 10.000 km. The payoff is the Arctic helicopter flight on 22 June, summer solstice at 1000ft above the mountains!

I try to share a little of my life with you people at GS, but it really doesn’t go down so easily, esp. with the mods. I sit in the poverty of Islamic West Africa with the “fates” always awaiting to eat me on the roads, but especially at border crossings.

The Gambia, Mauritania, Mali, and Morocco come up next with renewed Islamic problems, most recently in Casablanca. One false move and you have a problem. There is no rule of law as you know it. You live by chance, the payoff and you hope you can get to the next point. Within the next 7 weeks I want to be in Kiruna in Sweden and a two day trek to Kebnekaise...all by 4x4 through the Western Sahara! 10.000 km. The payoff is the Arctic helicopter flight on 22 June, summer solstice at 1000ft above the mountains!

Bumpy -- maybe I missed the point of the video, eh??

I realize you're in Africa, and facing a whole different set of issues,

than we here (in the U.S.) are.

For what it's worth -- yes -- it would be WONDERFUL to *spin* back in time.

Right all the wrongs, that sort of thing.