GreaseSpot Cafe

No longer a Bawlteemoron?

Psalm 71 one

quote:
I'm glad to be leaving also--I never did really fit in with the east coast "culture". It IS exciting to be moving again-- we'd been in this house for 7 years-- longest either of us has ever stayed in one place-- we were getting "itchy feet"!!

OH -- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! icon_frown.gif:(--> icon_frown.gif:(-->

Yer not going WOW again, are ya?????? icon_eek.gif

I don't have your yahoo anymore Psalmie,

since I moved to Chicago I don't have anything that I had at home, well a few clothes since its cold here.

lucky you are used to humidity, I noticed Mikey didn't mention how you will sweat like a pig icon_eek.gif, oh wait....

anyway its a bit warmer down there, thats why they call it HOTlanta.

practice up on that sackbutt so I don't have to give you any lessons if/when I visit. (a private joke for all the old time chatters and you)

I am going home to visit next month so I will try to find your info there, otherwise I will call sometime this weekend if my brain dead self remembers.

I am excited for you lady!! I know you haven't been real happy for a long time there in BM

(lol, BaltiMore)

so Hotlanta it is!

see ya here, there, or in the air,

GipGop

Suz

Flyin

Hi, Psalm -

Sorry to hear you all are leaving the Land of Pleasant Fibbing, but it sounds like this is a wonderful move up for you and your family. Congratulations!

You do know, however, there's an Emigration tax on people moving out of Bawlamer, Murlin. It's twenty percent of all your future earnings, and two-thirds of your first-born child. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Just had to mention that the average home in my neck of Geogia run's around 85-95k. Depending on where you buy you can get a 2/1 on a 1/4 acre intown within walking distance of downtown and the revitalized square or furthur west a nice ranch on an acre and a half or even further west a doublewide on 30 acres.

Not bad but when you consider I bought a 3000 sq ft home o(in need of repairs) on an acre n a half 15 yrs ago for 25k it puts it into perspective. What with the land preservation/zoning restrictions I expect to see land prices surge as this are becomes a haven for folks wanting to be close enuf to Atl to commute but far enough out to have some space between them and their neighbor.

Another thing to consider is that Atlanta is home to the Atlanta Motor Speedway, also known as 285. If you haven't noticed yet speed limits are suggestions only, want to get somewhere fast? Just get behind a state trooper going 90 n yer home free.

But over all this is not a major worry as it shuts down due to gridlock in the morning between 7 and 10 and in the evening between 3 an 7, often without notice and occasionally without reason (I suspect it's caused by a frightened and bewildered Alabamian circling Atlanta endlessly looking for his exit icon_eek.gif .

Nuther driving tip, Georgia is home to alot of suicidal animals, if it can cross the road you will most likely see their mangled body somewhere, from dead factory chickens to possums, armadillo's to deer, dogs cats rats n birds, we got 'em all and you'll probably see a buzzard or two digging away at the carcass, DO NOT try and hit said buzzard at they make quite a dent on your hood. Deer and armadillo's (they followed the fire ants) are the ones to watch out for, both will ruin your day quicker n dang.

Not to worry there!!

I can fix that I'll have ya back to your ole' self in no time.

Here let me mist ya down with my spray bottle. Sorry I'm outa water but this here sticky lemonade & some pink dye will do fine. Now back in the dryer ya go . Lets see 8 hours on air fluff and you will be good as new.

pigasso3.gif

Kevlar, um, we're not gonna be earning anything in the future, so Murlin can't get anymore from us!! Yeah, that's it! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> But two-thirds of our first-born, hmmmm, that'll be interesting--

I guess I'll make sure his hiney is part of that, so he can leave his noxious fumes here and set a green haze over all of Baltimore!! icon_eek.gif

Um, ERBI JA WANN, er, I'll pass on that ride!! LOL! I plan on staying away from the Speedway during rushhours! YIKES!!!!

I saw the deals on housing-- that's why we're moving down there!! We never could have gotten a single family home here--minimum prices at $190,000 in safe areas!

I AM gonna miss the winters though-- right now it's snowing and it looks so pretty!

quote:
From experience, may I tell you if you ever have opportunity to ride in with herbiejuan as he drives in Atlanta, your best chances are to close your eyes, stay quiet and hang on for dear life.

Thankful to live to tell the story.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Shellon -- sounds like you have ridden with herbiejuan. Are the marks of your fingers still in his dashboard, from where you were gripping it? icon_wink.gif;)-->