GreaseSpot Cafe

Datin' forum

polar bear

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but isnt this like thinking if you "likeminded on the word," or took pfal class it puts you in a cult like group thing again?

I get that no "believer" likes an unbeliever theory.

I just do not like the whole concept of it.

reminds me of something um what was that? hmm? a cult maybe?

so you meet somoen who "believes" as you do!

how lucky, and stale . I want a person who can teach me and I can grow and change and become with.

but then again ive been single a long long time.

Im probably wrong.

seems like the idea it isnt about what he/she thinks, wants or needs it is the word and nothing but the word that you would have a relationship built on for a foundation in life.

could work im just looking for something um different.

There's pros and cons to hooking up with someone who's been TWI and someone who's Never Been Way (NBW)...

I expect I'll hold onto many of the same beliefs - i.e. one God, no life-after death, etc., so for me I don't feel I have to change who I am. I am with someone who is familiar with what I was a part of, even though we were in TWI at very different times - he left the year BEFORE I joined TWI... I've been able to share more about my experience - especially when it was fresh and I had just left TWI - than it would be someone who hadn't been in TWI.

For me, getting someone who had been in TWI wasn't top of my list for what I was looking for - in fact, it was pretty low on the "requirements" - but it's been a bonus. To someone who hadn't been in TWI, I'd just left a "church" - no big deal. To someone who had been in, they could somewhat relate to my experience, although hubby often says, "I was in a 'church'; you were in a CULT!"

I may be wrong but isnt this like thinking if you "likeminded on the word," or took pfal class it puts you in a cult like group thing again?

so you meet someone who "believes" as you do!

how lucky, and stale . I want a person who can teach me and I can grow and change and become with.

Im probably wrong.

seems like the idea it isnt about what he/she thinks, wants or needs it is the word and nothing but the word that you would have a relationship built on for a foundation in life.

Hmmmm....I couldn't access the site from work because it couldn't get past the firewall, but in light of "likeminded" people getting together. I think it really does depend upon what you want out of a partner. I look at it like both parties having similar interests, such as skiing or jogging. It certainly does not "hurt" if both are Christian because there will certainly be doctrinal issues that you will not agree upon. But that may not be enough of a "learning environment" for everyone. So no Pond, I don't think you are wrong. Because as you say it is not what you are looking for, but others may be. But I also do not look at believers actively looking to hook up with other believers as a degression into culthood anymore than a skiier looking to hook up with another skiier as going into a cult. It's just what they prefer.

Now if someone were to tell me that I cant marry a skiier because I want to, that I have to marry a believer, then it becomes culthood. Especially if I actually let them tell me what to do with my life. Been there done that...burned the bridge and forgot how to swim so I aint goin' back.

I am not showing nude pics of myself here so don't ask!

You ruined my day! :( Just kidding! :biglaugh:

so you meet somoen who "believes" as you do!

Im probably wrong.

Pond -- valid points.

The only *but* (if I may add my imo here) is ----

It takes (not always), ex-twi to understand where an ex-twi member is coming from.

Given the CRAP we were fed about relationship to life (as we know it),

it's hard to relate to the real world, and to others who subscribe to that.

I've been single for 22 years. I've dated women who were of various faiths, no faiths, etc.

Not that faith is a big deal (in the relationship) -- but when the *issue* came up,

it was always *interesting* to me that they had NO idea about where I was coming from.

And given the mind-set that we bought into, it's nice to have someone who can understand it,

because the mind set inflicts itself into our actions, thoughts, and outlooks on life.

Something different?? Good idea --but for me --

it would have to be with someone who understood.

:)

Do you string your dining room chairs???

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Is the arrangement in the center of the table perfectly arranged for maximum blessing?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Now if someone were to tell me that I cant marry a skiier because I want to, that I have to marry a believer, then it becomes culthood. Especially if I actually let them tell me what to do with my life. Been there done that...burned the bridge and forgot how to swim so I aint goin' back.

You ruined my day! :( Just kidding! :biglaugh:

Are you trying to tell me something eyes? LOL!

WhiteDove thanks for posting the link. I hadn't had a chance to call my friend and get that URL for those who are interested.

Greasy dude, I guess I would powder your little bottom and help you get rid of that diaper rash.

Gosh What sacrifices I make to help you guys out.