GreaseSpot Cafe

The Arrogance of TWI

Nottawayfer

Remember the teaching VPW did about a preacher who worked on his sermon all week and kept the notes in his desk drawer?

According to VP, the debuhl peeked at the notes at night and then turned the people's hearts against the Sunday sermon.

( I think this was in PFAL.)

VP went on to say that's why he liked to "wing it" as he listened for God to tell him what to teach as he was teaching it.

:confused: :blink:

:asdf::asdf: :asdf:

I was thinking about this the other day...

Because LCM introduced the flip-side of this... teachings had to be written out, verbatum, and passed in to the HFC to review and correct before you were allowed to teach. I remember being told it was to make sure we had our teaching so it reflected the 'present truth' or some such drivel.... <_<

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this the other day...

Because LCM introduced the flip-side of this... teachings had to be written out, verbatum, and passed in to the HFC to review and correct before you were allowed to teach. I remember being told it was to make sure we had our teaching so it reflected the 'present truth' or some such drivel.... <_<

I think that was code for "the new party line." Also it kept God out if it entirely - couldn't have HIM interfering in ministry matters.

(I wasn't in then, but it sure sounds like this to me.)