GreaseSpot Cafe

Spurs sweep Cavs

ex70sHouston

Being the rabid San Antonio Spurs fan that I am I can only see it one way.

Spurs win in 4.

Sorry Ohio.

Been to Cleveland twice in my life. Was not impressed.

Oh? I spent 7 weeks in San Antonio in the summer of 1973, and I'm NOT impressed....

... especially since the Spurs had to cheat to beat the Suns. This season's Spurs are NOTHING if forced to play clean.

well Rock... they ARE masters of pushing the limits to the edge... and they're good as well... most of them are the kind of guys you hate but would love to have on your team... and Pops a good coach...

it's a pretty boring series to me but they're concentrating on bron bron... it was insane what Detroit let him do to them... that ain't happening with SA...

well Rock... they ARE masters of pushing the limits to the edge... and they're good as well... most of them are the kind of guys you hate but would love to have on your team... and Pops a good coach...

it's a pretty boring series to me but they're concentrating on bron bron... it was insane what Detroit let him do to them... that ain't happening with SA...

NO... I mean they CHEAT.

The San Antonio Spurs are a despicable disgrace.

The ONLY way I would watch ANY of those games in the final is if Robert Whorey were IN the game after having had ALL of his teeth knocked out ON the court during the previous game.

There is NOTHING of CHAMPIONship caliber about a team that can only get to the finals by CHEATING.

And that cheating was endorsed, after the fact, by the GODDAMNED commissioner of the NBA. HE and THEY are worthless as teats on a boar hog.

well... duh! ...and good for them... I wish it were the Mavs but it's not, so it's good that it's another Texas team!

Oh Rocky! ...cheaters? I'll give you that Bowen is a dirty player but if he were on my team I'd call it "tenacious D"! ...and a lot of folks are saying Duncan is probably the best power forward ever... imagine that! and he's done it all while NEVER committing a foul! (at least in his eyes)

...but something tells me that this won't be LeBron's last trip to the finals!

well... duh! ...and good for them... I wish it were the Mavs but it's not, so it's good that it's another Texas team!

Oh Rocky! ...cheaters? I'll give you that Bowen is a dirty player but if he were on my team I'd call it "tenacious D"! ...and a lot of folks are saying Duncan is probably the best power forward ever... imagine that! and he's done it all while NEVER committing a foul! (at least in his eyes)

...but something tells me that this won't be LeBron's last trip to the finals!

Yes CHEATERS.

Endorsed, after the fact, by the NBA commissioner.

Tell me that the Spurs championship would NOT mean MORE if the Spurs had won with Diaw and Stoudemire PLAYING the game they had to sit out.

That means, NO legitimacy to ANY claim by the spurs, thanks to Cheap Shot Bob WHOREy, to this season's championship... It was WHOREy's CHEATING that destroyed ALL credibility to said claims this year. His action was intentional and it was illegal. And even IF it was NOT the difference in the West final series, we will NEVER know. That's why those who lost the MOST by WHOREy's cheating are WHOREy's teammates.

boese015.gif

• 1 month later...

Have any of you noticed that the NBA ref who recently resigned because of his gambling on games he was officiating... was working the game in which Cheap Shot Bob Horry cheated against the Suns?

He was SMACK in the middle of the situation.

Spurs as NBA champion this year is complete crap.

Get over it already Rocky! ...you're as bad as Cuban!

He also worked Mavs - Golden State, we just got beat... you guys got beat...

NO. THAT is not true. Suns got CHEATED. Not beated.

I can't evaluate Mavs/Golden State... that series didn't mean enough to me to have recognized/remembered anything quite as blatant as the cheating that robbed the Suns. Sure, getting over it is important. Even Nash has recently said good things about Horry (I heard it from his own mouth on TV news/sports reporting). That would not restore the legitimacy of the NBA finals outcome this year.

Now, if you are speculating that the Suns WOULD HAVE still gotten beat had the suspensions not taken place... well, THAT is entirely possible. But we'll NEVER know, will we?

nope... we won't... therefore my admonishment to GET OVER IT!

...everyone who plays the Spurs knows that part of playing them is that they push the limits of physicality, usually with Bowen, to the line and beyond until the refs shut them down... and then they cry... the Suns are no saints either mind you... besides, if that ref was trying to influence anything I'd tend to think it would have benefited the bookmakers for him to call it in the Suns favor... but that particular game was a poor job of officiating all the way around... but it was only one game.

so... GET OVER IT! :biglaugh: (besides, we have been saying that the last two or three years)

• 5 months later...