GreaseSpot Cafe

Memory Questions Project

Cindy!

I am doing a project in my masters degree program that involves a "memory box" . This memory box would hold (on the outside and on the inside) whatever was special to the person being honored. To do this, I have to come up with questions that I would ask someone so that the things that mean the most to them/the person receiving the gift, are included and presented in a caring manner.

This could be for a college/high school grad, a parent, child, spouse, loved one who means lots to you, a very special person who has passed on, or anyone you might get a gift like this for.

What questions would help you design the perfect memory box????

(this can be favorites like hobbies, sports, career, family inside jokes, movies enjoyed, most loved books/jokes/music, thing that are just silly but make em happy, things that might be classified as a "roast"....or anything you can think of.)

I have a week to come up with a questionaire that will appropriately address this assignment...and I just don't want to leave anything out that might matter to someone. (This MAY be used as a therapy tool in real-life counseling if it's good enough)

I thought GS would be the PERFECT folks to ask since we are all so very different!!!!

Thanks for whatever you can contribute!!!!!!

If I'm understanding you and what your project is about, I'd ask...

What did he/she collect?

What did he/she choose to have around them? (i.e. pics on their desk or wall)

What did he/she like to talk about?

Where did he/she like to spent their time the most?

What music, movies, or books did they like? (you could pick just genres, or maybe they had a favorite artist or album)

What did they talk about wanting to do in the future? (perhaps a trip or to travel, maybe it was back to school, or maybe some career ambition.)

I'd look at the major events in the person's life - both good and bad. Sometimes people keep some rememberance from a hard time in their lives to remind them that things get better.

Who did they love?

Who loved them?

Edited by doojable

I would ask them their definition of friendship

I would ask them what makes them cry

I would ask them what is the measure of a man or a woman

I would ask them to express the most joyous occasion of their lives and the most painful occasion of their lives

I would ask them what they think about God

I would ask them how they would want to be remembered

what's the first memory you have ?

As crazy as this may seem, I actually do recall my first memory.

It was as if I had just awakened from a coma or something.

I was standing on the back porch watching my mother hang clothes out on the line as I stared through the screen door.

It was nothing dramatic.

That sounds kinda wacky, doesn't it?

I must have been 2 or 3. Old enough to walk to the back door when my mother thought I was asleep.

Edited by waysider