GreaseSpot Cafe

Harry Potter and Rosalie Rivenbark

JavaJane

Ok, I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with my husband... If you have seen the movie, or read the book, you may understand what I am about to say...

Dolores Umbridge = Rosalie.

Seriously. Both are nice, smiling, sweet little old ladies on the surface. Both want to ignore any bad things that might be happening within their respective ministries (Ministry of Magic or twi.) Both have forbidden the mentioning of "HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" (LCM or Voldemort). Both are ultra controlling of ridiculous details of people's lives. AND both really want to focus on the basics - no depth needed to fight off the evil... just pass the blue book.

Might belong on the silly thread... we'll see.

250px-Dolores_Umbridge.jpg

I think the correlation is a good one.

Both these "characters" would smile sweetly in your face, and smoothly tell you there was nothing wrong, while stabbing you in the back (or cutting your hand open with a magic quill).

Umbridge is better looking, though. :biglaugh:

Ok, I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with my husband... If you have seen the movie, or read the book, you may understand what I am about to say...

Dolores Umbridge = Rosalie.

Seriously. Both are nice, smiling, sweet little old ladies on the surface. Both want to ignore any bad things that might be happening within their respective ministries (Ministry of Magic or twi.) Both have forbidden the mentioning of "HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED" (LCM or Voldemort). Both are ultra controlling of ridiculous details of people's lives. AND both really want to focus on the basics - no depth needed to fight off the evil... just pass the blue book.

Might belong on the silly thread... we'll see.

250px-Dolores_Umbridge.jpg

I thought that back when I read the book - if you haven't read it yet, I suggest you read it - it's dead-on!

I wasn't thinking of Rosalie personally when I saw the movie... but the legalism and rules and regulations that made no sense reminded me very much of TWI mentality. The Ministry says this is what to do... if you question it you are looked on with suspicion, and if you keep it up, you're sacked. The firing of that teacher (I forget her name) when she had no place else to go reminded me so much of when they fired all those Limb coordinators in the "fog years."

I wasn't thinking of Rosalie personally when I saw the movie... but the legalism and rules and regulations that made no sense reminded me very much of TWI mentality. The Ministry says this is what to do... if you question it you are looked on with suspicion, and if you keep it up, you're sacked.

Not to mention "You have heard rumours that there are problems.

There are no problems.

If you question this, you will get in trouble.

If you tell personal testimony supporting this, you will get in trouble.

If you look up personal testimony supporting this, you will get in trouble."

Sounds a LOT like twi when lcm was in court, and anyone looking up the details

online was marked and avoided.

The firing of that teacher (I forget her name) when she had no place else to go reminded me so much of when they fired all those Limb coordinators in the "fog years."

Professor Sybill P. Trelawney had given them 15 years of her life,

and was being kicked out without preamble. In fact, the bum's rush was attempted,

you may recall. Now THAT sounds familiar as well.