GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas Rangers Score 30 Runs over the Baltimore Orioles

Eagle

Thank God for the 27 run mercy rule....

I wonder how many times Baltimore's pitching coach's mug was shown on the tv screen with his pitchers giving up 29 hits and all...

They usually ice down a pitcher's arm after a game...They probably had to ice down both of the Rangers' third base coach's arms after waving home 39 runners in the doubleheader...

I wonder what Oriole's manager,Dave Trembley,who was just awarded a new contract,told his team in the bottom of the ninth..."Ok guys,we're down by 27,we need baserunners to get the tying run to the plate---everybody takes the first strike"....

Thank God for the 27 run mercy rule....

I wonder how many times Baltimore's pitching coach's mug was shown on the tv screen with his pitchers giving up 29 hits and all...

They usually ice down a pitcher's arm after a game...They probably had to ice down both of the Rangers' third base coach's arms after waving home 39 runners in the doubleheader...

I wonder what Oriole's manager,Dave Trembley,who was just awarded a new contract,told his team in the bottom of the ninth..."Ok guys,we're down by 27,we need baserunners to get the tying run to the plate---everybody takes the first strike"....

A likely story! :biglaugh:

Baltimore's pitching coach is Leo Mazzone... I wonder how fast he was rocking tonight?

Ive been a Red Sox fan for forty five years, and I know well enough not to predict anything when it comes to baseball...and especially when it comes to the Red Sox. That being said it looks ...OK ...for the Red Sox...but it is still a long way to October.

I hope you're right though Eagle

One thing is for sure I wouldnt put any money down on your Texas teams.

DBacks sure are making alot of noise over in the desert as well

The Rangers have been a source of disappointment for years... sigh...

They never got it together to take Nolan Ryan to the Series...

They seem to start strong and then falter when the going gets tough.

And I'm not even a native Texan! Imagine how they really feel down here.

Ive been a Red Sox fan for forty five years, and I know well enough not to predict anything when it comes to baseball...and especially when it comes to the Red Sox. That being said it looks ...OK ...for the Red Sox...but it is still a long way to October.

I hope you're right though Eagle

One thing is for sure I wouldnt put any money down on your Texas teams.

DBacks sure are making alot of noise over in the desert as well

I hope you don't mind that I changed the color for the DBacks to "Sedona Red"! ;)

Yes, they are making a lot of noise... how about their rookie CF Chris Young... leads MLB in leadoff HRs and hit two of the big flies in today's game (with 4 RBIs). He's starting to fuel some speculation he could be in the race for rookie of the year.

Dbacks have plenty of games left with division rivals, including in SD this week, hosting Colorado next weekend and then hosting SD the following week.

It's still going to be tough to get past the Mets... and the Brewers/Cubs are looking like they'll make serious runs at the playoffs... neither team being any kind of push over.