GreaseSpot Cafe

OK..tell me why this is too good to be true....

2life

www.freedom.ws.laughoutloud/show_dvd

I know.... I know..... I get a bit flacky at times......... (I enjoy it!)

But WHAT is wrong with this picture?

I KNOW its a MLM type thing... but the bottom line seems to be for $10/month I get a domain name and website. (OH yeah..and an UNLIMITED potential to make money............ :redface2: )

And it seems pretty simple... and.....

be kind... my bubbles are fragile.......

Edited by 2life

I guess the question is why would anyone want their own .ws website.

You can set up a facebook page or a yahoo groups page for free and get a lot more social networking. Contrary to what they said, no business wants a dot ws domain name if there's any chance they can find a dot com name.

From the great popper of bubbles,

First of all you have to look at the demand. The ws domain name suffix is still not widely known. It could become that way or it could go the way of Beta VCR's.

Secondly, I question the statement that this comany is the sole or primary grantor of ws domain names. for the nuts and bolts of domain names and domain names suffixes (is that a word? and if not it should be), check out internic.net.

Thirdly a quick perusal of companies accredited by ICANN to act as a registar does not show Global Domains International.

John " What do I know, I'm just a silly Moose" Coder

I guess the question is why would anyone want their own .ws website.

You can set up a facebook page or a yahoo groups page for free and get a lot more social networking. Contrary to what they said, no business wants a dot ws domain name if there's any chance they can find a dot com name.

humm...thats a good question.... I know dot com names are pretty much gone for what I wanted to do....

actually..after talking to the guy. ( I Just got off the phone with him)..its all about making the money. I doubt if anyone actually develops other web sites other than for this purpose. I am still in my free trial period!!

hummmmm.......

From the great popper of bubbles,

First of all you have to look at the demand. The ws domain name suffix is still not widely known. It could become that way or it could go the way of Beta VCR's.

Secondly, I question the statement that this comany is the sole or primary grantor of ws domain names. for the nuts and bolts of domain names and domain names suffixes (is that a word? and if not it should be), check out internic.net.

Thirdly a quick perusal of companies accredited by ICANN to act as a registar does not show Global Domains International.

John " What do I know, I'm just a silly Moose" Coder

Thanks for that info!!

Hey....what is a Moose coder??!!!! Now THAT sounds like a interesting carreer choice!!!

I think what often gets lost in the fog of MLM hype is that REAL commerce is the EXCHANGE of things. Money for goods, money for services, or possbily sevices for goods or goods for goods, or goods for services.

At any rate REAL, tangible things exchange hands.

So often the get-rich-quick schemes are terminally vague about what it even is that there company produces. You've got to ask yourself, "What is it that I'm bringing to the party?" That is, what are you actually contributing to the exchange that's adding value? It the answer is "not much" then what's to keep somebody else from doing your (minimal) part and simply cutting you out of the transaction?

Nobody does real business by simply giving gobs of money (or the opportunity to make it) away for free. NOBODY...

George hit the nail on the head.

Genuine commerce (and thereby entrepreneurship) ADDS value to the exchange or trade of goods/services.

And the promise of insight on how to make your personal fortune (or "income for life" in this instance), is not necessarily added value.

I agree with pret' near all that's been posted - but would also say that I've known several people who have done well with MLM ideas and efforts. I never have, we tried one that was actually a very good product and service, which was what attracted us. We actually benefitted from what was being offered and realized others could too. We made a few bucks, not a lot, and I think a check still posts once a year for a small amount, like 17 dollars or something. We just didn't pursue it after awhile, for our own reasons. But there were people we knew, real live humans, who made a good income at it and still do, far as I know.

Anyhoo - I'm not a fan of the Amway kind of thing, simply because I have never met anyone who handled it well, including and especially those who felt they did handle it well.

But - that opportunity you're looking at could be a good thing for you. If you like it and it looks straight up, give it a shot. I didn't see what the investment is to buy in, but if it's reasonable and not more than you'd want to lose, go for it.I think the world does look to the .com as 'the' standard for business, but not everyone needs or wants a site based for commerce, and if they did .WS would work for that too. It's just the association we have with ".com" as the universal domain but org, edu, etc. exist too.

Best wishes!