GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctor Who fans..

Ham

Even John Cleese got in the act in city of death..

Honor Blackman, terror of the Vervoids..

Oh yes I recalled that one. btw I am not going to put up any of the dalek irish videos. I don't want to get hit in the head with a shillelaghwub.gif !

Edited by nyunknown

Dr who got into all kinds of monsters Like in the "pyramid of mars" with mummies. the vampires in the "state of decay" and even borrowing of frankenstine in the "brain of morbius".

Is that why there are no more irish werewolfs?rolleyes.gif

Edited by nyunknown

Matt Smith's Doctor deals with Vampires of Venice in the new season on BBC America.

• 1 month later...

of which I was going to ask.. what do you think of the new Doctor?

Ah yes.. interesting episode.. the "vampires of venice" ask who he is.. he holds up the "psychic" ID card, and it displayed as a library card with a picture of the original Doctor..

I thought I was going to hate Matt Smith as the new Doctor, but he's turned out to be absolutely brilliant in the role, thanks in no small part to the switch in producers from Russell T Davies to Steven Moffat. Moffat is a far, far better writer than Davies ever was, and he has given a real humanity and vulnerability to the Eleventh Doctor. And I absolutely LOVE Karen Gillan as Amy Pond. I liked Rose, but Amy is just wonderful. I think she's the most "real" companion the Doctor has ever had, and I'd almost say he cares for her more than the 9th and 10th Doctors cared for Rose. Moffat, Smith, and Gillan have turned Doctor Who from one of my "shows I really like" into "why isn't next Saturday here yet????" Too bad the US is about 3 episodes behind the UK, but at least it's not several years behind like it used to be.

Moffat has promised that this season's two-part finale will have fans crying at the end of BOTH parts--for different reasons. I believe him. Can't wait!

saw last night's Amy's Choice. Is the Dream Lord the Valeyard(Colin Baker's Trial of a Timelord) or from Patrick Troughton's Mind Robber/ Master of fantasy? or was it really only space dust? Reminds me of 1st Doctor, Susan, Ian Chesterton, and Barbara Weight's paranoia just after the first Dalek story? ah, seems only like yesterday when that happened. :biglaugh: rotfalmao. :anim-smile:

btw, I am told the Silurians are to be the next story. not seen since Peter Davison.

Yup, a two-parter with the Silurians, then they meet Vincent van Gogh the next week, then it's James Corden (Smithy from Gavin & Stacey fame), and I believe River Song returns in the two-part season finale, where the cracks in time plotline should finally get resolved.

• 3 months later...

bumping this topic back. yes Rory evolved from an Auton/Nestene Conscious to human. Twinky, any word when the new season begins in UK?