GreaseSpot Cafe

The Evil Internet

potato

quote: Later a guy on staff had written a letter to him explaining how microwaves work and that they weren't really dangerous. LCM's response was "Well, you can't be too careful."

This reminds me of a hilarious cartoon my brother drew in the 60s. Him and his high school buddy disagreed, He thought that a martial arts guy had it all over a body builder; his friend thought the opposite. So each drew cartoons illustrating their position.

My brother's friend's cartoon had the muscular guy crushing the martial arts guy in a fight. My brother's cartoon did a progression of fear. The more muscular the body builder got, the more paranoid he became. First he says that dogs are pretty viscious and could tear a fellow's muscles. The last frame in the cartoon has the super muscular body builder screaming and running away from...a mouse. Little hyperbole there, but I think LCM got so muscular, spiritually, that he could no longer handle the 'heavy and gloomy' attacks of the microwave.

... but I think LCM got so muscular, spiritually, that he could no longer handle the 'heavy and gloomy' attacks of the microwave.

I think lcm got so ISOLATED, so POLARIZED, his thinking got so black-and-white,

so full-of-conspiracy-theories,

that he swallowed the "microwaves will fry you" stuff just like every other conspiracy,

like "the Pope has an aircraft carrier" and so on.

lcm as a spiritual heavyweight? PLEASE.

lcm as a loudmouth heavyweight I could buy,

lcm SAYING he's a spiritual heavyweight, I could buy.

lcm putting forth propagnanda he was a spiritual heavyweight, I could buy.

lcm wasn't even a decent mediumweight, spiritually.

He ran the railroad right into a brick wall, and it didn't take long.

He wandered his days "in a fog" as HE ADMITS IT.

He ran off 80% of twi's people (and their tithes), then set about driving off the rest

by demanding they go everywhere 2 x 2 and write a schedule of their days in 15 minute blocks,

insisting this would stop the devil from getting them.

Are these things a "spiritual heavyweight" says?

quote: You had me going for a moment there, John, I thought you were serious.

As for LCM, based on my earliest TWI memories of him, which were favorable, and based on some GSC posts, I would like to believe that LCM had some spiritual savvy at one time, but I was definitely being a smarta$$ with the "heavy and gloomy' microwave attack comment.