GreaseSpot Cafe

Corps applications

Twinky

Wow, Lifted, he must have set a great example, if you wanted to sign up after only 2 months. But did you have any idea what you were getting into?

A little. Besides those class instructors (a couple) bound for the 7th corps, there was a 6th corps lady from Indy I got to know pretty well even before my PFAL class when she was sent back on temporary LOA for sponsorship. Other factors were a visit to Emporia in February 1976 (PFAL was in January), a visit to HQ in March (while the big meetings were going on at Emporia, I ate lunch at a one table lunch at HQ with Uncle Harry at the head because there was hardly anyone left at HQ), ur interim 5th corps branch leader, being in a "Word hot spot"...Indy, with JAL and all the medwows added to the "regular' believers, etc etc etc. And of course I alread had a BS degree...now THAT should lend itself to a few smart remarks. Anyway, I had gotten a real earful about what the corps was about.

It made the local leadership look good if they had big recruitment numbers. This was also true of getting people to take the class and to go out wow...

And of course when those people "failed" either in rez or WoW, for whatever reason, it was another big stick to beat local leadership with, because they had failed to spot the person was unsuitable.

And of course when those people "failed" either in rez or WoW, for whatever reason, it was another big stick to beat local leadership with, because they had failed to spot the person was unsuitable.

Virtually, every program that twi ran had a "catch 22" clause in it...they excelled in avoiding the blame for anything...it was ALWAYS your fault! When their kockamamie classes and decisions turned out to be bogus, it was YOUR fault! Talk about controlling people by fear and guilt!!!...no self condemnation? They wallowed in it.

...but of course, it helps when you are the self appointed spokesman for God to the rest of the world...

Virtually, every program that twi ran had a "catch 22" clause in it...they excelled in avoiding the blame for anything...it was ALWAYS your fault! When their kockamamie classes and decisions turned out to be bogus, it was YOUR fault! Talk about controlling people by fear and guilt!!!...no self condemnation? They wallowed in it.

...but of course, it helps when you are the self appointed spokesman for God to the rest of the world...

And that's what they called....

LOVE motivation.... :realmad: