GreaseSpot Cafe

Transition and Transference

skyrider

welcome belding. I was afraid of leaving, too. I've only been out a little over a year. sounds like they didn't change their imprisonment tactics! the fear of my kids dying if I left God's protection "in the household of zion" is what kept me in far too many years.
Thank you all for your welcome...the nausea is subsiding...I was obviously afraid to post here, but you have all made me feel that I have not made a mistake. I look forward to getting to know some of you and having folks who understand...Peace to you all. And much thanks for your gentle responses.

Welcome, Belding!

First round is on the house, enjoy!

gallery_452_63_5331.jpg

I remember all too well being scared to pieces about posting and had all kinds of terrors once I did, but I've obviously gotten over that fear. :biglaugh:

You'll find there's a lot of good folks here. We're glad you're here!

Waysider,

I left a message for you.

Potato:

The renewed mind....there's a thread (or a lengthy book) in and of itself. For me too, it took years to get past the limitations twi's version of "the renewed mind" placed on me. One of these was developing a relationship with God that wasn't based on twi's checklist of merit, of doing all the right things at the right time. I'd have to say that most of the things listed on the green card started to make a lot more sense in my life once I got beyond relying on the trappings of twi, such as the class and the collateral readings (remember the phrase,"all the research has already been done for us"?). And as of next month, I'll be celebrating 20 years out of twi. Many of the great believers in the Bible took much time to develop wisdom in their lives. When I was 20 and took PFAL, I thought (like many around me in a college fellowship), I could have it all right away. That might help to explain the rush to transference. Hope this makes sense.

drummerboy

Many of the great believers in the Bible took much time to develop wisdom in their lives. When I was 20 and took PFAL, I thought (like many around me in a college fellowship), I could have it all right away. That might help to explain the rush to transference. Hope this makes sense.

It makes a lot of sense! Thanks for the insight... it certainly applies to what I went through.

THW