GreaseSpot Cafe

Is there anyone who was born in The Way here??

Noni1974

I think being born into a cult is different than joining as an adult.As children we have no voice to say we don't want to be a JW or Way member.We grow up with the expectations of our forbears ingrained in us from infancy.We have no choice in the matter.We do what were told because that's all we know.We have no other frame of reference in our lives.The only thing we know is what our parents tell us we should know or believe.

I was born a JW as was my mother before me and her father before her.That makes me a 4th generation JW.All the way back to my great grandparents.All of my mothers family is JW with about 4 exceptions from my generation who have left.My whole life revolved around being a JW.Even in school I "was no part of the world".In other words I wasn't allowed to have non JW friends even in school.I was expected to tow the line by not celebrating holidays or birthdays.I wasn't allowed to salute the flag.I always had to " give a good witness".I also could not be friends with spiritually weak members of my own faith.I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I've been wondering if it was similar for other people born and raised inside cults.

I think you'll find a few second generation people here, born into twi. but the organization, despite "founded in 1942" only moved and shaked a few years in the seventies and eighties.

I'm sure they will be along shortly. But in the meantime, welcome to the Cafe. I hope your stay is pleasant..

Please call me "ham".

RU still a JW? Just wondering.

My two kids grew up from birth in Der Veg until just a few years ago. What you said is partly true. The poor souls had no choice. We did "shelter" them from a lot of stuff we knew was wrong though. They also had most of their friends outside of the way.

No I left almost 10 years ago.