Scientology". Church of Scientology related websites, such as

religousfreedomwatch.org have been removed due to a suspected

distributed denial-of-service-attack (DDoS) by a group calling

themselves "Anonymous". On Friday, the same group allegedly brought

down Scientology's main website, scientology.org, which was available

sporadically throughout the weekend.

Seth

Wired's Blog quote:

A loose confederation of online troublemakers who call themselves Anonymous have declared war on the Church of Scientology by flooding its servers with fake data requests, describing the attacks as punishment for the Church's alleged abuse of copyright laws and alleged brainwashing of its members.

Anonymous congregates on the net at various hangouts such as 711chan.org (NSFW) and partyvan.info and sundry IRC channels. The group usually amuses itself by stealing passwords to downloading sites and finding ways to harass online communities that its members disdain. They were last seen on THREAT LEVEL when a Los Angeles Fox News affiliate ran a story that hilariously implied the group's arsenal included exploding vans.

The attack on Scientology, which Anonymous has dubbed Project Chanology, started in recent days, set off by the Church's most recent attempt to censor the internet by forcing sites to remove a creepy Tom Cruise Scientology video. A wiki set up for the project directs Anonymous members to download and use denial of service software, make prank calls, host Scientology documents the Church considers proprietary, and fax endless loops of black pages to the Church's fax machines to waste ink.

Maybe they'll pick GS next. Wouldn't that be fun?

Wired's Blog quote:

A loose confederation of online troublemakers who call themselves Anonymous have declared war on the Church of Scientology by flooding its servers with fake data requests, describing the attacks as punishment for the Church's alleged abuse of copyright laws and alleged brainwashing of its members.

Anonymous congregates on the net at various hangouts such as 711chan.org (NSFW) and partyvan.info and sundry IRC channels. The group usually amuses itself by stealing passwords to downloading sites and finding ways to harass online communities that its members disdain. They were last seen on THREAT LEVEL when a Los Angeles Fox News affiliate ran a story that hilariously implied the group's arsenal included exploding vans.

The attack on Scientology, which Anonymous has dubbed Project Chanology, started in recent days, set off by the Church's most recent attempt to censor the internet by forcing sites to remove a creepy Tom Cruise Scientology video. A wiki set up for the project directs Anonymous members to download and use denial of service software, make prank calls, host Scientology documents the Church considers proprietary, and fax endless loops of black pages to the Church's fax machines to waste ink.

Maybe they'll pick GS next. Wouldn't that be fun?

My thinking exactly. No matter what or who they were attacking, DOS attacks, password stealing, etc. should not be tolerated, and the perpatrators should be prosecuted. Lame little script kiddies.

Rick

That's HILARious, Highway. Pretty much nails Cruize.

Seth, the two edged sword cuts both ways, and both ways, blood spills. Socks 112:478, quotable by permission. You have full permission. First of all, those hackers are only anonymous to the extent no one else knows - and you know someone else knows. So whatever can be known, is known. (same quotation permissions apply)

It's just a matter of finding out. The COS (sorry, after watching Cruizes video I can't resist the urge to use acronyms) tries to squelch free speech, so the Anonym's hack and do the same thing. Illegally. Demonstrating that they consider harrassing others is okay, as long as it serves their interest. Never a good idea. Sooner or later they'll all get kicked out of their parents homes or roll off the government dole and move along. In the meantime their efforts may receive some appreciation they'll never get support from any reasonable citizen who realizes if they themselves become the target they'll suffer the same fate. It's a no-win scenario.

Cruise is a sorry little man who can't accept the fact that he's an actor and no one cares about what he thinks off screen and declares by fiat, as if he's the new Pope of the Church of One. Who gives a rats azs what he thinks? If he made a credible argument and acted accordingly I could judge. But he makes no argument and his only actions worth noting are in movies, so he's better evaluated in that context. His personal life is personal but like many Americans he feels it's his obligation, right and need to assault everyone else with it. Like I care what he considers ethical behavior anymore than I care what brand of toilet paper he uses. To make it worse he makes vague threatening aggressive comments about confrontation. In most corner bars that would land a guy his size and weight in the dumpster.

As far as the Scientologist stuff, they're bugs on the windshield of life. Those who want to get hooked up with them will. Best advice I could give - steer clear of them and anyone who has anything to do with them. The people are more dangerous than the little black boxes. Stay away from them and let them soil their own yard all they want. I've never had anything even close to an encounter with them or anyone with them. Other than Cruize, who only comes up on my radar when he does something incredibly newsworthy like make an azs of himself. Again.

I liked "Last Samurai" though.

The Face of Enlightnment:

post-410-1201377670_thumb.jpg

Edited by socks

The Truth About Scientology

Scientology-Lies

Celebrities and Scientology

Truvolta on Scientology

Truvolta - In Cruizes Defense

Remember: these are people who make a living playing characters, who have learned and have the natural ability and desire to successfully immerse themselves in the personnae of someone else and perform to that effect.