GreaseSpot Cafe

Video editing software

Sudo

I'm about to order a DVD burner for my computer to replace my CD burner. I've already got a DVD recorder downstairs hooked to my TV that I've been using to record movies.

I need to know where to get software to rip the recorded DVD programs and edit them. Anyone know about such things??

sudo

Wayfer Not,

Thank you. I'm having a hard time finding someone who really knows something about this. It looks like I'm going to have to be able to edit VBO files. You mind asking your hubby how he would do that?? My combo DVD recorder VCR can create different formats but NOT DVD-video. I want to transfer home movies in the highest quality I can and presently it is taking the DVD recorder two DVD's to do the job. I want to take those 2 DVD's... copy 'em both to my computer... and then make just ONE DVD out of the both of them. Maybe I ask for too much.. icon_cool.gif

Paw... I think they did that to you on purpose to prevent copying, you think??

sudo

Hi Sudo

I know that the local Wal-Mart store in the town south of where I live ( i live in Essex and the wal-mart store is in shenandoah) has been selling Dual Layer DVD burner/CD burner combo drives for home computers.

The drive is made by Light-On and has the install disk plus I think Nero and Nero Express included with the drive. I know that I use Nero for my slower CD burner and has some great features to make SVCD, VCD, and mini-DVD's.

the DVD burner/CD burner combo was sellin at Wal-Mart for $89 plus tax. The DVD burner is a 16X burner with a fairly fast CD burner built in.

The DVD burner is the same speed as the DVD burners that QVC has been selling in some of the newer gateway and dell computers that they offered for sale.

Wouldn't hurt to check to see if they had any at your local store. But don't know if the software included with the drive would be what you need to do.

One other thing though, the dual layer DVD disks that walmart had were pretty pricy for 3 dual layer disks. Boxes of 3 were going for about $30 at walmart.

Dante,

Thanks you for the info but I've about decided on an LG DVD burner because it handles the DVD-RAM format my Panasonic DVD recorder uses. My problem is finding the appropriate software to rip DVD's, edit them.. and then burn a brand new DVD.

sudo