GreaseSpot Cafe

Spammed by Truth or Tradition!

Yesterday I had a "private" message waiting for me from some website, which when I finally was able to figure out where it was actually coming from (the private message area had not been set up to actually use), ended up being from someone who had just joined Truth or Tradition and apparently sent a private 419 (Nigerian-style) spam to me and probably everyone else. I promptly deactivated my membership which might have been an administrative level membership since I did originally build the site <_< but not that part of it.

I haven't visited that site in over 2 years, but what I did find interesting is that registered membership is not much more than it was in early 2005. There are no more sponsored search keywords for it or Biblical Unitarian (who also has had no appreciable increase in registered users). That tells me money is tight.

The irony is that both websites were mentioned here at the bottom of this forum as advertisements just below Ham's response. :rolleyes: