GreaseSpot Cafe

After 2000

Brushstroke

Screening process, hmm. Ever think that just possibly, it's designed to filter out those who won't put up with bull sheet anymore, or those who won't abs to their organization.. or have a few embarrassing questions?

If they have REALLY changed, I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering a few of the questions I've presented here, if you would be kind enough to forward them along. They DO know who I am. I wasn't a real big hotshot or anything, but I've given them more than enough clues to know exactly who I am.

Be forewarned, shiftthis. It may not go well for you..

in recent years, people in the way have been confronted with things they've posted here, some probably with things they haven't.

Edited by Ham

All the manipulating leaders we dealt with in the nineties are still IN. I have ahard time believing they are just not still nasty, just muzzled, because if they lose more of their area they will lose their position as a leader.

Kicking people out is not a reassuring thing. Who gets to decide who goes????

Yes--muzzled. Eventually true colors come back out, even if by accident.

Look at the fruit that those leaders had even in the 90's--rotten fruit comes from rotten trees. If they haven't repented and apologized--which I didn't see ANYONE do in this current decade, I suppose they are still the same type of tree.

TWI leadership really need to be re-trained to love and care for people after all the venom they were exposed to during the 90's. My 2 cents anyway. I had learned how to shut down emotionally in order to cope with how I was being treated and for how I was expected to treat others.

...anyone on this site that wants to inquire about twi or start going to fellowship again should contact twi. you will probably be srceened like i was but this is necessary to keep the riff-raff out. i have a ginuine desire to learn about GOD if not i wouldnt be allowed back. i dont want people coming in who want to destroy twi or who dont want to know GOD. never again will people weather leaders or followers be allowed to cause trouble,they will be thrown OUT!!! all i can say is this is not the same ministry i came to 7 years ago, it has really grown into wonderful ministry with loving,caring,how can i help you people, and without all that ego stuff!!! i along with a lot of you was wrongly kicked out back in the late 90's under that jerk lcm's super clean household quest. i hope this helps you,GOD bless you.

Shiftthis, how many times did you read about Jesus Christ "screening" people before he would talk with them?

One can have a genuine desire to learn about God AND learn about God in places other than TWI. One can ask questions and get considered answers. One can disagree with answers without being marked and avoided or considered possessed by devil spirits.

You will find a lot of people here still have a deep (deeper) love for God and a much more outward-going way of showing it than TWI ever had.

Wrongly kicked out? Well, if we were, why aren't they knocking on our doors or really working hard to find those people, apologizing, explaining, and asking us back?

Shiftthis, you say you have read a lot of the posts here. Have you read the editorials? The lawsuit papers? The tales of abuse over many years? Look below the surface. Is it really different? Really? Stay with TWI if you must but stay there with your eyes open and your heart guarded. And when it all falls apart and you are bleeding from the knife sticking out of your back, you will find the First Aid (sorry Third Aid) box under the Cafe counter near the till. Ask any of the waitresses.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd imagine der vey instituted a few more draconian methods to keep ANYTHING out of the hands of outsiders. Probably little written communication.

No more letters sent out detailing who's been dropped because of suspected homosexuality, or being unproductive..

No more lists sent out, of who's active, dropped, abandoned..

Can't even find a listing on their website about who staff is- region, limb, branch coordinators.

With their extreme "shrinkage", maybe it's all on a secret 3x5 card? ;)

Seriously, when I left Corpse graduating classes were about a dozen or less. HQ staff were dropping like flies. They could hold a ROA in the auditorium. (Yes, I know they were killed off too)

Hmmm, how would I respond to this....

I left in late '05. I would have to say that there are a few different categories involved.

(probably many more than what I've listed below too.)

<snip>

JustSayNO,

I think you and Lindy did an excellent job encapsulating the various types in TWI. Well done. Unfortunately, it would be hard to say you are any of them and feel like bragging. "Well, it ain't great but there ain't nothin' better." How sad! Imagine if you had to describe a spouse that way?!

JT

http://www.theway.org? Check out the website, for a brief aside into their troubling history, as seen from today.

Look at this page. It covers "What is the Way?"

OMG, I hadn't look at it in years! It hasn't changed at all. Did they M&A their webmaster too?!!! ;)

JT